+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take for passport to be stamped?

karanbedi

Mar 26, 2019
We applied on March 22, 2019 and the application got locked online.

We reapplied on March 27, 2019 and we got the intimation letter for biometrics. Went to the vfs and logged them in on April 03, 2019.

On april 05, got message saying 1st application approved and 2nd application cancelled as first is approved.

Sent passport on April 09, 2019 to bangalore IRCC. They have said it normally takes a minumum of 5 working days to stamp a passport. But nothing so far. We're travelling on May 1st early morning.

I'm hoping the passport comes before then or do I need to reschedule the flight for USA?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
We applied on March 22, 2019 and the application got locked online.

We reapplied on March 27, 2019 and we got the intimation letter for biometrics. Went to the vfs and logged them in on April 03, 2019.

On april 05, got message saying 1st application approved and 2nd application cancelled as first is approved.

Sent passport on April 09, 2019 to bangalore IRCC. They have said it normally takes a minumum of 5 working days to stamp a passport. But nothing so far. We're travelling on May 1st early morning.

I'm hoping the passport comes before then or do I need to reschedule the flight for USA?
Your passports will be returned well before your flights. Do keep in mind any local holidays that could delay the passport transmission

karanbedi

Mar 26, 2019
Your passports will be returned well before your flights. Do keep in mind any local holidays that could delay the passport transmission
Hey Bryanna.

I hope you are right. Because sadly no one has been able to answer me...Are you aware of the Bangalore IRCC process?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I hope you are right. Because sadly no one has been able to answer me...Are you aware of the Bangalore IRCC process?
It usually takes about 7-10 days for passport transmission and visa stamping.

You can email the Bangalore visa office to request for expedited visa stamping. Do include the tickets

karanbedi

Mar 26, 2019
When they're stamping the passport...Do they scan the passport and the visa shows up? My understanding is that once the visa is granted, the passport is really the main identifying document.