+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does it take for a document to be received in Mexico office?

valerie19

Sep 21, 2016
Hi everyone,

Im a little worried, my husband and i are applying for his permanent residency from Ecuador. His application was sent to the visa office in Mexico, and they requested a police clearance/ criminal record around march. The document took REALLY long to get and we where finally able to send it out on April 22, 2017. I sent it through express shipping with DHL and i can see with the tracking number that it arrived on April 28th and was signed for and received. I check every single day for an update but nothing new comes up, not even that they have received the police clearance. The last thing i can see on my husbands file is "Medical exams received" and that was on march 31st.

Id like to know if anyone has any information on how long it takes for them to actually receive and update the application status when you send a paper document by mail. Im getting really worried because its been almost a month and i haven't heard anything!

methyl

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
29-07-2016, Received 02-08-2016. Out of status app.
Doc's Request.
PGR 30-11-2016
Nomination.....
SA Approved 31-08-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 23-08-2016. AOR2 30-11-2016
File Transfer...
31-08-2016
Med's Done....
28-06-2016
Passport Req..
17-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
I am assuming you are checking ecas or mycic online?
We sent police documents (fingerprints for Mexico and RCMP cert) around end of December 2016, nothing showed up in either system - the whole time up to now in myCIC the police certifcates have been listed as still outstanding, but in GCMS system I saw that they received the docs and added them into the files back in Jan 2017
If you are worried - send them an email and ask if they have received that and nothing else is outstanding. They should reply in a couple of weeks.

valerie19

Sep 21, 2016
I am assuming you are checking ecas or mycic online?
We sent police documents (fingerprints for Mexico and RCMP cert) around end of December 2016, nothing showed up in either system - the whole time up to now in myCIC the police certifcates have been listed as still outstanding, but in GCMS system I saw that they received the docs and added them into the files back in Jan 2017
If you are worried - send them an email and ask if they have received that and nothing else is outstanding. They should reply in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for your reply! yes i'm checking every single day if there have been any updates, i'm starting to go crazy thinking something is wrong! but i did send them an email on friday so hopefully i will get an answer soon! :) thanks again!