+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long does Eligibility takes.

ggwen

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Hi can anyone advise me how long does the eligibility section takes? I saw some post that there is no update on the profile but when the speak to IRCC they agent informed them their eligibility have passed.

Thank you!

apprajapati

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-08-2020
Hi can anyone advise me how long does the eligibility section takes? I saw some post that there is no update on the profile but when the speak to IRCC they agent informed them their eligibility have passed.

Thank you!
Could take a month, and due to covid19, may take 1 and half month as well. Im waiting too, it's been 15 days for me

apprajapati

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-08-2020
Hi thanks for your response, do you mean one month after AOR or one month after medical pass? Thank you!
After AOR, eligibility and medical both will happen together and could take more than a month. Im hoping to get mail soon.

apprajapati

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-08-2020
So do you mean if medical passed your eligibility also passed? Thank you!
They usually get updated together, so yeah..but in some cases it could happen separately but if your application is complete, then don't worry about it..

ggwen

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
They usually get updated together, so yeah..but in some cases it could happen separately but if your application is complete, then don't worry about it..
i don’t think they will update your eligibility section, as I heard from others, it will still shows processing, if you call them or request the notes you may know the result

apprajapati

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-08-2020
Well if you think that then if you have passed over a month then you can try calling IRCC. Keep us posted here.

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
So do you mean if medical passed your eligibility also passed? Thank you!
Nope. The program assistant gives a recommendation to pass once r10 is okay and medical is updated as passed and BIL sends out. Then a case analyst will go through the file and check the authenticity of documents. It's a lengthy process. Finally he gives a recommendation to pass or put it on review by an officer. Either way an officer has to finally pass it and then security will start or once security is passed, then the eligibility becomes passed. Order gcms notes if you have applied few months back and will know the exact stages.

ggwen

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Nope. The program assistant gives a recommendation to pass once r10 is okay and medical is updated as passed and BIL sends out. Then a case analyst will go through the file and check the authenticity of documents. It's a lengthy process. Finally he gives a recommendation to pass or put it on review by an officer. Either way an officer has to finally pass it and then security will start or once security is passed, then the eligibility becomes passed. Order gcms notes if you have applied few months back and will know the exact stages.
I see thank you, so how long does the eligibility take since medical pass? and how long does the GCMS notes take for? thank you

ggwen

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
And I do see your AOR is on March 7th, so what is your progress bar looks like? and does the delay caused by biometrics? and you have passed everything else.

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
And I do see your AOR is on March 7th, so what is your progress bar looks like? and does the delay caused by biometrics? and you have passed everything else.
My progress bar is now at 94% and yep passed everything else except biometrics. It took around five months for them to pass eligibility mainly because of covid I think. Btw the progress bar is based on the date of AOR. It doesn't have any relation to the actual file processing.

rohidw

Nov 2, 2017
After mep & bil I got it in 1 month & 15 days.. yesterday agent confirmed off eligibility completion