+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long do I have before I have to return back docs to CIC?

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Hi I'm currently in the UK and CIC updated their website to say the following:

We sent you correspondence on January 18, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I'm just wondering how long do I have before I have to return them, my brother will need to grab my post but he's also currently here in the UK.

Any help would be most welcome.

Thanks
Dal

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015

We sent you correspondence on January 18, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I'm just wondering how long do I have before I have to return them, my brother will need to grab my post but he's also currently here in the UK.

Thanks
Dal
The letter should specify the timeline, but typically it is 30 days. If you can't meet the deadline, you can submit a webform providing a solid reason as to why you cannot provide the document before the deadline.

JPBless

May 14, 2018

Thanks
Dal
That could also be fingerprint request. As @sydcarton said, the letter will indicate the time frame for responding to the requested action requested by CIC.

JPBless

May 14, 2018
Do 30 days mean I have 30 days to complete and send or thy must receive within 30 days? Thanks
30 Days means you must respond to their letter within 30 days. In the case of fingerprint for example, you must do the fingerprint within the stipulated 30 days (and show them evidence that you did the finger within the 30 days). However, if RCMP takes much longer time (more than 30 days to forward the result to IRCC then that's not your fault).

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
30 Days means you must respond to their letter within 30 days. In the case of fingerprint for example, you must do the fingerprint within the stipulated 30 days (and show them evidence that you did the finger within the 30 days). However, if RCMP takes much longer time (more than 30 days to forward the result to IRCC then that's not your fault).
Do RCMP forward theM back to myself or direct to IRCC?

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
to the IRCC office/address indicated on the fingerprint letter
And final question JP....Would you know of the email for IRCC so once I get my prints done I can update them regarding the fact that I've now had them done and so to keep them up to date.
Also I know there is a contact number but how on earth do you speak to a human voice?!

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
And final question JP....Would you know of the email for IRCC so once I get my prints done I can update them regarding the fact that I've now had them done and so to keep them up to date.
Also I know there is a contact number but how on earth do you speak to a human voice?!
You can’t email IRCC. There’s a web form you can use.

Or phone the number and hit 4 then 0. Be prepared to call several times to even get into the queue and then wait 20-40 mins.

Just submit and give them a call just before deadline to confirm they got them. It takes a couple of weeks for it to all filter through anyway so asking them earlier isn’t going to yield much.

Really think IRCC confirms these things online would massively help reduce their call volumes but what can you do.

JPBless

May 14, 2018
The best option is IRCC WEB FORM. That way you have documentary evidence. Also you can write a letter directly to the office processing your application. I did both. Be sure to include the receipt you got from the fingerprint agency/police.

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
The best option is IRCC WEB FORM. That way you have documentary evidence. Also you can write a letter directly to the office processing your application. I did both. Be sure to include the receipt you got from the fingerprint agency/police.
Sorry to bother you but would you happen to have a link for the IRCC Web Form....I will write a letter also as he processing office on the back of the letter still stated Nova Scotia, so I'll send it there, the fingerprint agency will be receiving it tomorrow, they should've got it on Friday but DHL let me down.
And I've got until 18th Feb for it to reach them and yep it's cutting it fine but I acted within 48 hours of me finding out that I had to send them at an expense of over $350 dollars, what will be gutting is having spent time, effort and money that they don't reach there in time.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Sorry to bother you but would you happen to have a link for the IRCC Web Form....I will write a letter also as he processing office on the back of the letter still stated Nova Scotia, so I'll send it there, the fingerprint agency will be receiving it tomorrow, they should've got it on Friday but DHL let me down.
And I've got until 18th Feb for it to reach them and yep it's cutting it fine but I acted within 48 hours of me finding out that I had to send them at an expense of over $350 dollars, what will be gutting is having spent time, effort and money that they don't reach there in time.
Honestly the top couple of links when I gooogle "ircc web form" gives you what you need : https://www.google.com/search?q=ircc+web+form&rlz=1C1GCEA_enCA839CA839&oq=IRCC+web+form&aqs=chrome.0.0l7j69i60.1453j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Writing a letter to the place you send your application is, to be honest, very unlikely to work.