+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long do background check and "Review of eligibility" take to complete ?!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi can anyone help me, because I am starting to panic about my application, I am applying for a student visa and it has been 11 weeks, and the only thing the embassy, has told me to do is a medical, which I did 7 weeks ago and passed it, and now for 2 weeks, when I check the status on my application online, it keeps showing “we are reviewing your eligibility and we are processing your background checks, so I want to ask, is there something wrong with my application and how long does this take?
The application processing for temporary resident visa takes 30-60 days. It also has a component of security, where many applicants get stuck, and if you are under security screening it may take even longer. Other factors such as the work load on your visa office and the number of applications being processed also play a factor. However, the only way to know what is happening in your application is by GCMS notes.

Request GCMS notes and you will know where your application is stuck and what all has happened.

richardsmile

Jul 20, 2019
The application processing for temporary resident visa takes 30-60 days. It also has a component of security, where many applicants get stuck, and if you are under security screening it may take even longer. Other factors such as the work load on your visa office and the number of applications being processed also play a factor. However, the only way to know what is happening in your application is by GCMS notes.

Request GCMS notes and you will know where your application is stuck and what all has happened.
I thought about ordering GCMS notes, but it will take 40 days to receive. Is it worth to wait that long if I just apply for a temporary resident visa? Might it be better to order it if I am applying for PR. Right?

PRC

Jun 14, 2021
Actually, no. You're fine and moving better then you think. Due to the terrible design of the system, you're in a stage where your background check is done and waiting for other security/criminality check to finish or your application has moved to another VO for processing. In either cases you're in great shape and your application is moving forward.
Source: Myself :) My BG check turned to "in progress" for only 4 days in all the 163 processing days I had. Most of the time it was "Not need at this time".
@Doda Hi

My timelines are:
AOR 5th March 2021
1st GU
2nd GU

2 weeks ago my employer received a call from IRCC for work experience verification. Just today when I called IRCC they said that eligibility check hasn’t begun yet. My question is if the eligibility check hasn’t begun how come my employer received a call 2 weeks ago?

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Doda Hi

My timelines are:
AOR 5th March 2021
1st GU
2nd GU

2 weeks ago my employer received a call from IRCC for work experience verification. Just today when I called IRCC they said that eligibility check hasn’t begun yet. My question is if the eligibility check hasn’t begun how come my employer received a call 2 weeks ago?
Honestly, I cannot answer your question. There's a lot that have been changed in the application procedures since 5 years ago plus the pandemic. I don't even now what are you're referring as GU? I wish I can help more.