+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long do background check and "Review of eligibility" take to complete ?!

marvelous_o

Jun 23, 2018
Hi can anyone help me, because I am starting to panic about my application, I am applying for a student visa and it has been 11 weeks, and the only thing the embassy, has told me to do is a medical, which I did 7 weeks ago and passed it, and now for 2 weeks, when I check the status on my application online, it keeps showing “we are reviewing your eligibility and we are processing your background checks, so I want to ask, is there something wrong with my application and how long does this take?

Eita

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Pr
NOC Code......
An anyone help me I received this email from cic after sending am email to check why there’s delays
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

The application about which you are enquiring is pending background checks. No further action is required at this time. Applicants are advised to monitor their email and telephone closely as they may be contacted at any time for additional information.

Eita

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Pr
NOC Code......
I don’t know may be something is not clear and they wanna verify. Actually I used the wrong word as investigations. Verification is the rite word
Ohh it’s ok
They will refuse my application
Or there is something or problem
I really feel bad and confused

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
If u r truthful in your decelerations thn u don’t need to worry. In my opinion they just want to verify few things. In my case there is lot more to verify (I expect) but I m not worried

Eita

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Pr
NOC Code......
If u r truthful in your decelerations thn u don’t need to worry. In my opinion they just want to verify few things. In my case there is lot more to verify (I expect) but I m not worried
Do you have any idea how long it will take

Eita

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Pr
NOC Code......
And did you have the same situation

Reactions: amsol89

Eita

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Pr
NOC Code......
And did you have the same ai

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Applications are usually processed in 6 months time so u atleast have to wait that long. No I don’t have the same situation so far they have not contacted yet neither have I.

Eita

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
Lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Pr
NOC Code......
Applications are usually processed in 6 months time so u atleast have to wait that long. No I don’t have the same situation so far they have not contacted yet neither have I.
Ohhh but i did already apply from one year and just yesterday they sent me an email that background checks