+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long did you wait for AOR after submission?

fonteynb

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Passport Req..
24-07-2015
Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not needed at this time
A final decision has been reached Not Started

It looks like I have different status ('Open'). I did receive an update notification, but I didn't really see what it was.
Still no AOR. And ECAS not working.

forever21

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
fonteynb said:
Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not needed at this time
A final decision has been reached Not Started

It looks like I have different status ('Open'). I did receive an update notification, but I didn't really see what it was.
Still no AOR. And ECAS not working.

When did you submit your application?

fonteynb

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Passport Req..
24-07-2015
on saturday April 4th around 9:30am

etkuo

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Here is my timeline.

Mar27: Received ITA for FSW
Mar30: Medical completed
Apr03: Submitted Application
Apr03: After submission application status was "Opened" and Review of eligibility is "Review in progress"
No AOR till now.
Apr07: Review of medical results changed to "Review in progress", A background check is needed changed to "In progress"

Unable to check status from ECAS with Application Number and Client ID yet

variazioni

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
forever21 said:
I'm not sure but maybe they go by the date we created our profiles? It's just a guess though...
What's the date you created EE profile? Also which draw batch are you?

I created at the end of January, hopefully that's why... Also I'm the latest batch

IMO etkuo's progress actually moves really fast! Hopefully because of the date of EE

Sorry for the spam but guys I'm really panicking now ???

etkuo

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
variazioni said:
What's the date you created EE profile?

I created at the end of January, hopefully that's why...

IMO etkuo's progress actually moves really fast! Hopefully because of the date of EE

Yes, I am very surprised to see my medical and background check both moved to "in progress" this morning just after 4 days, when most other people are still showing no progress. Hopefully the "in progress" is not something bad. I figure my progress moving really fast either means it's a very good sign or it could be on the other hand a bad sign, or maybe I am just over-thinking...

Still no AOR though.

variazioni

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
etkuo said:
Yes, I am very surprised to see my medical and background check both moved to "in progress" this morning just after 4 days, when most other people are still showing no progress. Hopefully the "in progress" is not something bad. I figure my progress moving really fast either means it's a very good sign or it could be on the other hand a bad sign, or maybe I am just over-thinking...

Still no AOR though.
Don't worry too much man! Why would cic even bother looking at your medical or background check if your application documents have problems. It's definitely moving on to the right direction. What is your NOC btw? Maybe it's a urgent NOC they are looking for? Also which draw batch are you may I ask?

etkuo

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
variazioni said:
Don't worry too much man! Why would cic even bother looking at your medical or background check if your application documents have problems. It's definitely moving on to the right direction. What is your NOC btw? Maybe it's a urgent NOC they are looking for?
Don't think so. My NOC is 2271 Pilots/Flight Instructors, and I don't think it is an urgent NOC at all. In fact there is an over-supply of pilots in Canada. My PGWP expires end of June though, don't know whether it makes a difference.

I doubt any human has actually looked at my application though. My status changed early this morning just after the long weekend (and I submitted my application on Good Friday), and I think there are definitely way more than enough applications ahead of me for CIC to look for

forever21

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
variazioni said:
What's the date you created EE profile? Also which draw batch are you?

I created at the end of January, hopefully that's why... Also I'm the latest batch

I've created my profile on FEB 5, received ITA on FEB 27, submitted my application on MARCH 28...

Britanno-Columbien

Apr 8, 2015
I've long lurked in this forum, but thought I'd register to chime in on this particular thread. We received our ITA in the second draw (February 6), and sent our application on March 1st. We immediately received the "confirmation of electronic transmission," which up until today I assumed was the AOR -- or at least the EE version of AOR. Today, to my surprise, we received an actual message with a document called "Acknowledgement of Receipt" -- 5 weeks after submitting our application!

In our case, what I suspect may have caused the delay was my wife's pregnancy, which made it impossible for her to do her X-rays until mid-March. But still, if it's any consolation, you should know that even several weeks can pass without the AOR being sent, and I know that our application was otherwise complete and organized. Also: I suspect many people refer to the "confirmation of electronic transmission" as AOR, hence why so many appear to receive it immediately after submitting the application. I was exactly like that, too, until today.

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
Everybody's application is different, and because this system is new, it's hard to identify the "norm". Here is my experience:
EE Profile created: January 1, 2015
ITA: March 20, 2015
Submission of Application: April 7, 2015
"Confirmation of Electronic transmission" & "Acknowledgement of Receipt": April 7, 2015