+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long can we stay outside Canada?

Shazsabb

Nov 30, 2017
Hi all members,
My quick question is how many days can we stay outside Canada in 4 years ?
I have stayed total 253 days (not straight) outside Canada since bacame PR. I am planning for vacation. Will it affect on my Citizenship application? ( i have already applied for citizenship).
Thanks in advance.

hawk39

Mar 26, 2017
As long as you fulfill the residency obligation of 1095 days within a rolling 5-year period, you should be fine. Others have recommended that you have some extra days just in case some of the days you report are not accepted.

Reactions: Shazsabb

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
There are 2 conditions here :
1) get at least 1095 days in the 5 years preceding the citizenship application.
2) keep the PR residency obligations at all times before you become a Canadian citizen.

1 is already realized, 2 means you need to have been in Canada a minimum of 2 years out of five for any given period. Should be easy since you applied for your citizenshipand given the numbers you gave, but it's important for citizenship applications that take a long time, since being a PR is a condition to becoming a citizen.

Long story short, enjoy your vacation

Reactions: Shazsabb

Shazsabb

Nov 30, 2017
As long as you fulfill the residency obligation of 1095 days within a rolling 5-year period, you should be fine. Others have recommended that you have some extra days just in case some of the days you report are not accepted.
Thanks i really appreciate it.

Shazsabb

Nov 30, 2017
There are 2 conditions here :
1) get at least 1095 days in the 5 years preceding the citizenship application.
2) keep the PR residency obligations at all times before you become a Canadian citizen.

1 is already realized, 2 means you need to have been in Canada a minimum of 2 years out of five for any given period. Should be easy since you applied for your citizenshipand given the numbers you gave, but it's important for citizenship applications that take a long time, since being a PR is a condition to becoming a citizen.

Long story short, enjoy your vacation
Thanks for detail reply. I appreciate you.