+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long before I apply before my curren work permit expires to get implied sta

akmreddy22

Jan 10, 2013
hi could any one please help me with my issue. my present pgwp is going to expire on jan 31 2013. my employer applied for LMO but we have not hear from them yet. But I have my LMO fax confirmation to proof that we have already submited my LMO.. my question is that I am plannig to apply my new work permit on 14th of jan 2013 through paper application. Should it be ok to get Implied status. or do I have to submit my application with in 2 weeks of expiration of my present work permit.

many thanks.

Pro_Public

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Submit application any time before your WP expires and you are applying for same position, same employer and meeting all other requirements will give implied status as TFW and you can work. Otherwise you have implied status but not for work. If your application is without valid LMO, it's not complete and will be returned to you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Pro_Public said:
Submit application any time before your WP expires and you are applying for same position, same employer and meeting all other requirements will give implied status as TFW and you can work. Otherwise you have implied status but not for work. If your application is without valid LMO, it's not complete and will be returned to you.
As PGWP is NOT extendable there is no implied status.

supa-g

Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
Nomination.....
16-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013
Med's Request
18-12-2013
Med's Done....
30-12-2013
Passport Req..
18-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2014
In your case, you have to submit your application during last 2 weeks before expiration date of current work permit, not earlier. Then you will get implied status.

akmreddy22

Jan 10, 2013
Thank you all,,

I have recieved my new work permit. but I have some errors on my work permit..

1) they issued my work permit based on my old company name which was sold to my new company. when I got my new lmo confirmation I called to CIC and informed them my New lmo # but they issued based on my old LMO which is valid for 1 year, but my new lmo valid for 2years. and my new employer legal name has been changed from my old employer. and business names remains same.

2) can i request when I apply to correct my errors in my work permit that, to put my new emplyer legal name instead business name which is going to change in 2months. and how can I apply for corrections on my work permit. which forms I have to fill and send pls any one send me link.. of forms... thank you...

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Read this hope it helps
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/fw/fw01-eng.pdf

Workers that require LMOs
With respect to mergers and acquisitions, changes in ownership structure should not require a new LMO application if the new entity continues to be the worker’s employer, provided the new owner assumes the previous owner’s duties and liabilities, including those of the prior owner related to the filing of LMO applications, i.e. where a successor in interest can be demonstrated.
It would be in the best interest of the temporary foreign worker to apply for a new work permit to reflect the name of the new entity.
If some assets or liabilities are not assumed by the successor entity after the corporate restructuring, then a “successor-in-interest” may not exist. As a result, the new entity will have to apply for a new LMO and the worker for a new work permit.
Workers Requiring LMOs: Documentation to Support New Work Permit
In order for a new work permit reflecting the new corporate name to be issued, the following documentation should be submitted:
• A statutory declaration signed by an authorized officer of the corporation attesting to the nature of the
restructuring and successor in interest
• Copy of a corporate press release or announcement confirming the corporate change.
Where a “successor in interest” exists, a temporary foreign worker who requires a LMO would benefit from Regulation 186(u) while the application to vary terms and conditions was being decided on by CPC Vegreville, as long as the application for the renewal was made before the expiry of the existing work permit.
It would be in the best interest for affected workers to submit applications to renew their work permits to reflect the new corporate name within 90 days of the closing of a deal. Cost recovery fees would apply.
LMO Example
A small company plans to merge with a large company. After the merger, the small company, which employs many workers who require a LMO, will cease to exist. After the merger, the workers requiring a LMO, who were employed by the small company, are now working for the large company under the same conditions. The large company takes over the small company’s assets and liabilities. Because of this, the large company becomes “successor in interest”, i.e. substantially succeeds to the interests and obligations, assets and liabilities of the small company. Therefore, the workers from the small company do not need new LMOs but should apply for new work permits to reflect the name of the new owner.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
hey akmreddy22
can you please share how you address the issue of change of employer name on work permit?
a friend of mine is facing the same dilemma,the company where she works been taken over by a new owner.
thanks