+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long are you planning to stay in Canada - extension for work permit

samidare

Sep 5, 2017
Hello,

I started to create an application for extending my work permit (open) and I stuck with this question:

- How long are you planning to stay in Canada?

And here are the answer options:

- temporary less than 6 months
- temporary more than 6 months
- permanently

I'm wondering which will be my answer between "more than 6 months" or "permanently", because I apply for the extension for obtaining some time to prepare for the PR in near future, at this moment I cannot directly apply for the PR because I did not meet all the requirements yet (mainly the level of my french).

So, I just need an extension of my work permit for now but I intend to stay in Canada eventually, in this case should I choose the answer as "permanently"?
But even If I put "temporary more than 6 months" would it be changed the decision at the immigration office?

I don't know if I should consider just for extending the permit, or including the future after submitting this application as well. (I think I should be honest but are they gonna change their decision or the valid duration of a new permit based on the answer? That's what I'm afraid of..)

Thank you so much for your help,

samidare

Sep 5, 2017
Sorry I posted this question in a wrong category, I am not coming from US, but i would be appreciated if anyone could give me an an advise about this.

Thank you,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I started to create an application for extending my work permit (open) and I stuck with this question:

- How long are you planning to stay in Canada?

And here are the answer options:

- temporary less than 6 months
- temporary more than 6 months
- permanently

I'm wondering which will be my answer between "more than 6 months" or "permanently", because I apply for the extension for obtaining some time to prepare for the PR in near future, at this moment I cannot directly apply for the PR because I did not meet all the requirements yet (mainly the level of my french).

So, I just need an extension of my work permit for now but I intend to stay in Canada eventually, in this case should I choose the answer as "permanently"?
But even If I put "temporary more than 6 months" would it be changed the decision at the immigration office?

I don't know if I should consider just for extending the permit, or including the future after submitting this application as well. (I think I should be honest but are they gonna change their decision or the valid duration of a new permit based on the answer? That's what I'm afraid of..)

Thank you so much for your help,
On what basis are you applying to extend your open work permit?

Reactions: canuck78