+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How long after receiving the correspondence letter for biometrics, do you receive an answer?

Sanita

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
My husband applied for work permit with job offer and positive LMIA on 14 March 2020 and did the biometric on 16 marc , We got the application number on 3 April after that no update till now.
I think they are just processing SOWP, any body got approved recently with closed work permit?

ani.lk

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-09-2022
AOR Received.
30-09-2022
My husband applied for work permit with job offer and positive LMIA on 14 March 2020 and did the biometric on 16 marc , We got the application number on 3 April after that no update till now.
I think they are just processing SOWP, any body got approved recently with closed work permit?
Yes, applied in India. I got approval email after 2 days of biometrics correspondence letter

Reactions: Sanita

Myfamvisa

Jul 16, 2020
Hi,

I applied for my wife and kids visa in Dec 2019 through VAC, Bangalore, India. I ll be thankful, if someone helps with the below details:
1. I was able to find my wife's application and linked it to an online GCKEY account. Yesterday, I received the correspondence letter message in the online account for my wife. Appreciate if someone can tell, how much time it will take more for the decision.

2. I am not able to find the online applications for my kids in the GCKEY online account, it asks for DLI number when I select study permit option for searching the application. As both of them are less than 12 and no school was selected at the time of application, not sure what DLI number to select.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!!

Sanita

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
We have recently sent an inquiry through webform and got this email on 10 July:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Please let me know what do you think about this email is it good or bad? Does it mean we will get decision soon?

VimRawat

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
can anybody let me know is biometrics correspondence letter same as biometrics validity letter?

VimRawat

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
We have recently sent an inquiry through webform and got this email on 10 July:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Please let me know what do you think about this email is it good or bad? Does it mean we will get decision soon?
I got the exact same email when I raised the webform 9th July and got reply on 15th July. Not sure what this means but hoping to get the decision soon

ani.lk

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-09-2022
AOR Received.
30-09-2022
IN how much time can you expect the request for Biometrics once you have applied online.
Currently, all VAC in India are closed, so you can't give biometrics probably until the end of September. If you are elsewhere, check the VFS website for that country.

ani.lk

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-09-2022
AOR Received.
30-09-2022
can anybody let me know is biometrics correspondence letter same as biometrics validity letter?
Yes, where you see the biometrics validity mentioned in the letter. If your application is in New Delhi, India, and received a biometrics correspondence letter then you'll hear good news in a day or two. All the best.

VimRawat

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
Yes, where you see the biometrics validity mentioned in the letter. If your application is in New Delhi, India, and received a biometrics correspondence letter then you'll hear good news in a day or two. All the best.
Thank you. My application was filed online from Canada on 5th Feb 2020 but I am in India. But I gave my Biometrics at New Delhi VAC on 16th March 2020 and received the Biometric Validity letter yesterday. Do you think I have chance to hear back soon?

Myfamvisa

Jul 16, 2020
Hi,

I applied for my wife and kids visa in Dec 2019 through VAC, Bangalore, India. I ll be thankful, if someone helps with the below details:
1. I was able to find my wife's application and linked it to an online GCKEY account. Yesterday, I received the correspondence letter message in the online account for my wife. Appreciate if someone can tell, how much time it will take more for the decision.

2. I am not able to find the online applications for my kids in the GCKEY online account, it asks for DLI number when I select study permit option for searching the application. As both of them are less than 12 and no school was selected at the time of application, not sure what DLI number to select.

Thanks in Advance!!

Xabo

Jul 18, 2020
Hi everyone. I applied for a Visitor Visa from Spain (I'm here stranded due the Covid-19 situation) on July 1st. July 2nd I received the Biometrics letter. I did it July 8th at VFS Madrid. In the IRCC account said "COMPLETED" on July 9th the Biometrics information. Any answer yet at today (July 18th).

Last edited:

Yqing237

Jun 12, 2019
Thank you. My application was filed online from Canada on 5th Feb 2020 but I am in India. But I gave my Biometrics at New Delhi VAC on 16th March 2020 and received the Biometric Validity letter yesterday. Do you think I have chance to hear back soon?
Is it processed in Canada office or Indian office?

Baradwaj

Feb 9, 2020
Hi,

Thanks in Advance!!
Correspondence letter is like ur file is in final stage, in normal scenario within 2 days u will get the decision, but ongoing Pandemic it will take time, I received correspondence on may 6th and still waiting for decision...

Reactions: Miracle2018