+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How london CHC send STAMPED PASSPORT TO INDIA - VERY URGENT

parvathy

Apr 9, 2011
hai to all,

I have a question to ask to senior members of the forum. Well i have dispatched my passport to london visa office and it was received by one of the staffs of chc,london. Now i want to know that how london chc is going to send the stamped passport to india. Is it by courier or mail?
How many days it takes to come to india.

Awaiting for your responses.

Thanks in advance,

p

abedi555

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NYVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
20 JAN 2012
Med's Done....
7 FEB 2012 RCVD BY OTAWWA ON 24 FEB
Interview........
20 JAN 2012
Passport Req..
16 APRIL 2012 SENT ON 23 APRIL
VISA ISSUED...
visa for family issued on 25 april and for me on 10 may
LANDED..........
I have a question for you.How did you mail passports to London?Where are u residing now?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

parvathy said:
hai,

i send my passport through courier,i am residing now at india.
There is a very good chance they won't send it back, since it is illegal to mail/courier passports in/out of India.

mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
The only way is to go to London in person and get the visas stamped.
The risk involved is twice. Sending as well as receiving the passports.
Why take chances?

tejo

May 20, 2012
Hi Parvathi,

Iam also in same situation i need to send my passport to CHC london but iam in London currently. My friend is visiting London.So, he is carrying my passport to London and he will be doing courier to CHC london. But have the same question will CHC lodon send the passport back to India..did u receieve ur passport.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Hi Parvathi,

Don't want to scare you, but according to the "Indian passport Act 1967", it's against the law to send passport outside country of residence by regular mail, express post, courier etc. If caught, it may be confiscated by the Indian government. Also, imagine if your PP with Canadian visa and COPR docs lands in wrong hands. Its worth a lot in India.

For this very reason, I travelled from Delhi to New York to get my visa stamped in person.

You should thank your stars if you get it back hasslefree.

Best wishes..

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are in middle east its ok to send pp by post to London visa office................ Why did u apply to London Visa office from India???????????????

tejo

May 20, 2012
Hi Parvathi,

Did you receive your passport from london embassy with out any hassle,how long it take. Iam also in same situation and i have sent my passport to London through my colleague.

Regards,
-tejo.

rilov

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Ask London office to send the passport to a local address. then find somebody who travel from London to India, write an Authorization letter for the person to carry your passport .. Nothing to worry