+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How likely is my study permit application going to be rejected for being unemployed?

Nuttykumar

Star Member
Aug 29, 2020
Can some one tell me... I was unemployed from april 2020 and applied in aug, but i did not mention abt my unemployment in sop... Will tht be a problem... Also im yet to take my relieving from the cmpny as i lost due to corona and want tl fight with cmpny in this regard and did not accept my services discontinuation....

Sep 23, 2020
Can some one tell me... I was unemployed from april 2020 and applied in aug, but i did not mention abt my unemployment in sop... Will tht be a problem... Also im yet to take my relieving from the cmpny as i lost due to corona and want tl fight with cmpny in this regard and did not accept my services discontinuation....
Hey i think we are sailing in the same boat... Can i have ur watsapp no?

RosheneJ

Sep 17, 2020
My background:

I graduated in mid-2016 and have almost 1 and a half years of experience. I quit my job at the end of Dec 2017 and have been unemployed ever since (1 year and 3 months unemployment when I actually submit my permit application).
I have sufficient funds for the entire program + cost of living in my name and own personal account (will also supply the bill of sale of the an apartment I had to sell to secure the funding). Additionally, I have almost 300k CAD of fixed assets tying me back to my home country.
The program I am applying to is an MBA (I have a Bachelors in Finance) at a reputable public university, so that shouldn't be a problem. I'm also registered to take a CPA exam soon and will supply the VO with my exam registration details.
I'm currently working on a strong SOP in order to explain my reasons of wanting to study in Canada, that specific university and that specific program. I'll also highlight that I will be returning to my home country upon the completion of my degree.
I'm worried that my application would be rejected specifically due to my unemployment. I made a lot of stupid decisions and have been unemployed by choice, rather than by fortune due to burning myself out.
Now that I have my life back together, my stupid mistakes and decisions have come back to haunt me.

My question:

Should I obtain a statement (signed, stamped and official letterhead) from a company a friend of mine owns stating that they have a job offer waiting for me after I finish my MBA in Canada? Or will it look too suspicious?

To clarify what I mean by suspicious, I mean wouldn't the VO wonder why I am unemployed if I have this job offer on hand?

Am I better off with or without such a statement?
I was only unemployed for 4 months due to the covid situation and they refused my visa saying 'current employment situation'. I think you should apply after getting employed.

Mahmoudnasra

Sep 23, 2020
I was only unemployed for 4 months due to the covid situation and they refused my visa saying 'current employment situation'. I think you should apply after getting employed.
so they want an employed letter , that's kinda understandable cuz of the current situation .

MyHero

May 16, 2020
When did you lodge your file? I’m currently unemployed right now but I received a first stage approval

Mahmoudnasra

Sep 23, 2020
I applied online and stated in my SOP that I resigned in order for me to get ready for my studies. But due to the current situation I deferred to winter.
where did u attach your SOP ? in the Explanation letter ?

and what do you mean by deferred ? did you apply before this time in fall term and got rejected ?

Reactions: MyHero

MyHero

May 16, 2020
where did u attach your SOP ? in the Explanation letter ?

and what do you mean by deferred ? did you apply before this time in fall term and got rejected ?
I deferred after receiving an AIP because I don’t trust them that eligibility is all done in the first stage.