Yes
App. Filed.......
04/26/2017
AOR Received.
26/04/2017
Med's Done....
01/20/2017
Hi all,

Does anyone know how visa offices are determined? I'm CEC inland and submitted my PR app in April. A few weeks ago, my daughter just got her new US passport, so I scanned and uploaded the information to my CIC account using a CSE form. Then, a few days ago, I got a message from CIC reading as follows:

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your file is currently located at a visa office outside Canada.

Because of the specific nature of your enquiry, we invite you to contact them directly in order to:
  • Report important changes,
  • Provide documents,
  • Obtain information regarding the status of your application, or
  • Enquire on an outcome to a request.
You will find the complete list of visa offices on our website.

Once you select the office you wish to contact, you will be presented with the different ways you may contact them.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
www.cic.gc.ca

I have a few questions about this. First, I didn't ask CIC a question; I simply wanted to provide updated information. Why would I need to forward additional copies of my daughter's passport to another office if the information has already been uploaded to my file, which is globally accessible? Second, is there any particular reason why my file would be handled outside Canada? (I had assumed it'd be Ottawa, since I'm inland). Finally, how can I find out which visa office is handling my file? There doesn't seem to be anything on my account that indicates this, and I don't want to order GCMS notes now since my AoR was April 27. By the time I received them, a decision would probably already have been made.

I haven't been checking my CIC account at all just because it's less stressful for me not to, but I did see that my background check is in progress, and I already knew I had passed my medicals. Surprisingly, the eligibility check doesn't seem to have been done yet--I thought that would be done first? Any ideas on how much longer the process would be until a final decision is made?

Cheers, and TIA to anyone who can offer feedback.

Last edited: