+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How is the SAP Job Market in Canada

sandyv221

Aug 29, 2016
Hi All

I'm Sandeep from India. I'll be moving to Canada early 2017.
Would like to know the job opportunities in Canada.

I've got 7 years work exp in India. 3 years into Marketing and 3.5 years into SAP-SD and 6 months in SAP GTS. I'm SAP Certified consultant.
Could someone help me in knowing the job market in Canada.
Since I'm married and coming with my 1 year old daughter, I want to have a good picture of what the status is like in Canada.

Thanks in advance.

Sandeep.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
sandyv221 said:
Hi All

I've got 7 years work exp in India. 3 years into Marketing and 3.5 years into SAP-SD and 6 months in SAP GTS. I'm SAP Certified consultant.
Since I'm married and coming with my 1 year old daughter, I want to have a good picture of what the status is like in Canada.

Thanks in advance.

Sandeep.
It is good. Employers want Canadian experience, so keep that in mind. Indian experience counts little.

sandyv221

Aug 29, 2016
Jalex23 said:
It is good. Employers want Canadian experience, so keep that in mind. Indian experience counts little.
Hi Jalex23

Thanks for your reply. I'm currently supporting a North American Company (with Presence in Mexico and USA) for SAP SD & GTS. Would that experience help?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
sandyv221 said:
Hi Jalex23

Thanks for your reply. I'm currently supporting a North American Company (with Presence in Mexico and USA) for SAP SD & GTS. Would that experience help?
Little.

Canadian experience is what is important. You can get away with English experience (South Africa, New Zealand, Irish, etc.).

justinline

May 19, 2009
North American experience shouldn't be too bad for starter. Get some references who are located in North America. If possible get the certification.

Most of the Oil and Gas in Calgary runs on SAP, though the market is down and out over there.......I would say that is one place you can get the best salary levels. It might be little tight over there, but salary differential can as high as 30% between Calgary and rest of Canada.

Other than that....if you are looking for mostly consulting gigs, I don't think Canadian market is big enough to keep you employed most of the time through out the year. Most of the consultants that I know whether SAP or Oracle they usually travel lot to US.

sandyv221

Aug 29, 2016
Jalex23 said:
Little.

Canadian experience is what is important. You can get away with English experience (South Africa, New Zealand, Irish, etc.).

Thanks a lot for the info. Cheers!!

sandyv221

Aug 29, 2016
justinline said:
North American experience shouldn't be too bad for starter. Get some references who are located in North America. If possible get the certification.

Most of the Oil and Gas in Calgary runs on SAP, though the market is down and out over there.......I would say that is one place you can get the best salary levels. It might be little tight over there, but salary differential can as high as 30% between Calgary and rest of Canada.

Other than that....if you are looking for mostly consulting gigs, I don't think Canadian market is big enough to keep you employed most of the time through out the year. Most of the consultants that I know whether SAP or Oracle they usually travel lot to US.
Thanks for the info. Correct me if I'm wrong - I've heard that the Oil Industries in Calgary is profitable only when the Oil prices go up (above 65$/Barrel).
And the present situation with Oil at about 45-50$ a barrel, will there be enough opportunities?

Also about your quote "Most of the consultants that I know whether SAP or Oracle they usually travel lot to US", do we have good opportunities from American firms in the US?

justinline

May 19, 2009
Yes you are right, that's why I said its a tight market now......still give it a try over there, nothing to loose.

Travelling to US is more viable option once you have citizenship. Most consultants I know are already citizens or in process, so they travel mostly on TN and some on H1b visa when ever they find a good project down south. The opportunities and billing rate is much better there compared to Canada.

sandyv221

Aug 29, 2016
justinline said:
Yes you are right, that's why I said its a tight market now......still give it a try over there, nothing to loose.

Travelling to US is more viable option once you have citizenship. Most consultants I know are already citizens or in process, so they travel mostly on TN and some on H1b visa when ever they find a good project down south. The opportunities and billing rate is much better there compared to Canada.

Yes, US is a very big market compared to Canada, but need an H1B which i don't have and for Citizenship it would take time as i'll be moving in Mid 2017.
So doing research as much as possible. Thanks a lot for the info.

Priyansh

Aug 9, 2016
Hello,

I am also in the middle of PR process. but I have applied for PNP SINP as my points were only 396. I am working as SAP SD consultant and having 4 years of exp in SAP and 3 years into Sales/Marketing. I am not certified consultant. I am also MSC from UK in International Business. What can be the chances of getting job in Saskatchvan? Is there any other module should I learn before landing to Canada?

Your inputs would be appreciated and helpful.

Thanks

somnath1977

Apr 14, 2017
Hi All

Thanks in advance.

Sandeep.
Hi Sandeep

Hope by this time you are happily settled with a very good SAP SD opportunity in Canada. I am also into SAP SD and will land in Canada on January 2018.Can you kindly guide how is the job market and opportunities

anuch2588

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
Hi Everyone
I am Sap mm/wm consultant with 4 years of experience and certification as well.
My CRS is coming to 394.. Could you please suggest best suitable option for PR

hariteja

Sep 7, 2018
Hi All,

This is hari and I am working as a sap security and GRC consultant in India from the past 3 years. I am planning to go to Canada through the express entry for PR. I want to know how the sap security and grc job positions in Canada. Suggest me as do I need to take coaching on any other modules apart from sap security.

navdep Singh

Sep 27, 2018
Hi All

Thanks in advance.

Sandeep.
Hi Sandeep,

I hope you are wll settled now.
I am SAP S/4 FI & CFIN ,consultant can you guide how is salary and opportunities over there. If you are working in Top 4 SAP Firm in India , how does that help?

anuch2588

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
Hi All,

I am SAP MM/ WM consultant with certification and 4 years of experience in Mm area. I handled roll outs and support projects as a part of my job responsibilities. I am expecting my PR around May end this year. Could you please help me with finding suitable job opportunities in Canada as I may need to land with my luttli one there.

Thanks,
Anupama