+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How I Learned French in One Year

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
Thought this article would make a good read....even though most of us don't have a year to devote to learning a language:

How I Learned French in One Year

By mricon in Culture
Thu Dec 30, 2004 at 12:11:29 PM EST

Riding on the coat-tails of an earlier article about emigrating to other countries, I present to you a small summary of my experience rapidly learning French to pass a standardized test for Canadian immigration. Since I live in the middle of the US, far removed from anything resembling a Francophone environment, I had to resort to various online and offline resources to accomplish my goal, managing to learn enough to score as "advanced" in several categories in just 10 months. Even if you don't wish to emigrate, this article may be useful, as I go into full detail describing the techniques and methods I used. Or, at the very least, read and be amused.

source : www . tinyurl . com / 6qz8n

sati

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
People we have submitted their papers post June 26 june 2010 have 1 year to learn french. I think It would help us getting a job in Canada if we know french language.

What do you say? :)

nitroxn

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
8/8/2010 Full docs submitted
IELTS Request
Submitted
Very inspirational story.But why did go from USA to Canada. I believe for a software programmer US has more prospects. Any good reason for going to Canada, please share!

sati

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Seniors please suggest....

If one learn french while waiting for our PR, won't it help us to get a job in canada?

I am planning to get myself enroll in Alliance franchie.

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
nitroxn said:
Very inspirational story.But why did go from USA to Canada. I believe for a software programmer US has more prospects. Any good reason for going to Canada, please share!

Well, the article doesn't seem to indicate the reason for going from USA to Canada. However, based on the article I don't think the motivation for making the move to Canada was based on jobs.

The author's website is : www . mricon . com

The author's email contact info. can be found at the site.

sati said:
People we have submitted their papers post June 26 june 2010 have 1 year to learn french. I think It would help us getting a job in Canada if we know french language.

What do you say? :)

I agree with you that it would definately help in getting a job. It would certainly "look good" on your CV to state that you are "proficient" in the two official languages of Canada.

sati said:

If one learn french while waiting for our PR, won't it help us to get a job in canada?

Learning French will certainly give you more options for applying for jobs (and more options for networking with people who might be able to give you a job).

zsashimi

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2014
AOR Received.
14-Aug-2014
Med's Request
23-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
07-Nov-2014
Passport Req..
6-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-Jan-2015
sati said:

It may help as some of the jobs being offered requires a bi-lingual candidate.

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
I found this web site (it is in French), it will help you prepare for TCF (Test of knowledge of French) exams:

tcf. didierfle . com / index.html

Here is the equivalent site in English (translated using Google):

www . tinyurls . co . uk / Y8796

The site has several audio and interactive tutorials.

You can check out the official TCF site at (note the difference between TCF for the general public and TCF for Quebec):

www . tinyurls . co . uk / U8795

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
sati said:
I am planning to do it from alliance franchies....Delhi :)
Hello sati, which one of the exams are you planing on doing? Will you also be doing preperation courses before doing the exams?

sati

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Find below the detailed email which I got from these people about the french language course. I hope this will solve your query. They have centers in different cities. You can check about yours. :D

Dear student,
Our next session registrations will start from 26th july and the session will, start from 28th august till 2nd november.

1)Our every session is for two and half months and we have total six levels duration is 3 years.
2) Duration for basic level is two and half months and other five levels, in this each level will take seven and half months as a two and half months session wise.
3)We dont provide any kind of diploma, degree and certificate and all. We'll give the attestation after clearing any level, and its on demand only. Or if you want a certificate which globally valid then student can give the delf exam, this is internationally corresponding exam. After clearing of any level you can give level wise exam for ex. delf A1, delf A2 etc.

4) In a six months student can only appear A1 (A& B), and A2 ( A & B).that mean intermediate half of the level you can complete.

Please read carefully the information for this session same information will be out in mid- july .We will start our registrations for classes from 26th of july onwords. Session will start from 28th august till 2nd november.

Fees for weekend classes on sat & sun.- 9250/-
Fees for weekdays classes on mon, tues, thurs, fri. fees is 8150/-And registrations are basis on first come first serve basis, if seats get full then you can't register in any batch. We are open for the registrations and other queries monday to saturday 9.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. So you please come and check the timings because we have various timings available which we'll not provide on phone or not through mails.

One needs to come in person with two passport sized photographs .
Payment can be made either by cheque, DD or cash in favour of "Alliance française de Delhi"

· We have two packages available for all levels: INTENSIVE or EXTENSIVE courses

· One can also choose to attend classes either on week days or weekends.

· Intensive Course

Intensive programme has four classes for 2 hours each - on week days (Rs.8,150/-), i.e. 80 hours/term or two classes for 4 hours each -on week-end (Rs. 9,250/-), i.e. 80 hours/term.

Intensive is the faster way and you can complete your course within three years.

· Extensive Course

Extensive programme has two classes for 2 hours each - on week days (Rs.4,800/-), i.e. 40 hrs/term or two classes for 2 hours each -on week-end (Rs. 5,350/-), i.e. 40 hrs/term .
Extensive course is the slower way to complete french as in six years this is double fo intensive course.

We have another branch in Gurgaon also, registrations are also open for gurgaon classes. You can contact there 0124-4061032, and the address is S 24/8, DLF phase-3, near neelkanth hospital, Gurgaon.

· The curriculum covers the 6 levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL):A1 (80 hours), A2 (200 hrs), B1 (200 hrs), B2 (200 hrs), C1 (280 hrs) and C2.

· At the end of each level, one can appear for the DELF and DALF exams, which are proficiency diplomas in French based on the CEFRL. They are issued by the French Ministry of Education and are recognized all over the world · DELF-DALF exams are organized 4 times a year (February, May, August and November).

Jyoti
course counsellor
Alliance Francaise de Delhi
72, Lodhi Estate
New delhi - 110003