+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How I can travel outside Canada if i don't have a PR Card?

umairzulfi

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hi,

Scenario: I flagpoled on 24-SEP-2017 at BLUE WATER BRIDGE at SARNIA. My PR Card would come after 61 days which is after 25th November. Now I have already booked flight to Pakistan from November 25th to December 15th and there is very little chance that I will get my PR Card before November 25. Therefore, I am figuring out my options. Please tell me If I can use any of following workarounds.

1. Use the Temporary Resident Visa that I already have before PR and it is still valid till December 2018. Note: When I flagpoled, CBSA did not return my Work Permit, they say now I don't need it. I can show COPR letter to my employer.

2. Use the immigration visa which I got with COPR. It is valid till January 2018. However, CBSA officer crossed(single diagonal line) it when I flagpolled.

3. Apply for a PRTD(Permanent Resident Travel Document) from my home country. Can I apply and obtain it from inside Canada before I leave? Does anybody know the processing time?

4. Have my PR card mailed to me to my home country, once CIC send it to my address in Canada, hopefully end of November. Is it legal to send PR cards across international borders.

5. Have someone deliver my PR card to me in Pakistan personally.

Is there any other way?

Thanks,
Umair

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
You can no longer use TRV or PR visa. You can only apply for PRTD when you are outside Canada.
Option 3 or 5 would be the safest bet.
Another option is to fly to USA and drive across the land border with your COPR. Not 100% sure about this though.

Last edited: