+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Have You Dealt With Waiting Apart For So Long?

cndcit

Sep 16, 2010
It is nice to read that there are others who have found was to be together even though apart. My spouse and I keep our skype and cams on nearly 24/7 also,cooking,cleaning,sleeping and even when I have a soak in the tub...LOL !! We also play online games together,watch tv shows,have 3-way skype conversations with family etc. We even take pictures of various visits with family and friends over skype and cams for documentation. And some screen pictures CIC will never see...LOL!!

margrey

Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2011
Doc's Request.
e-mail 26-05-2011, sent doc 07-06-2011
AOR Received.
15-04-2011
File Transfer...
14-03-2011
Med's Done....
15-01-2011
Passport Req..
E-mail 26-05-2011, sent pastport on 07-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
DM July 07, 2011, PP to pick it up on July 19, 2011
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 16, 2011
Only the real and genuine love give the pain and the sufer, but the strentgh to go on, because at the end will be the happiness with my love at my side. I use to believe and tell her that we sufer because we love each other so much, if we do not have love, we simple do not feel this hardship, will be another day like any, by GOD will gratify us with our happiness forever.

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
cleo said:
We also make plans about our life together.

And sometimes we write blog posts together. Or just check out crazy youtube videos, lolcats etc. Makes things more fun than just talking about how we are apart.

I find the hardest part is friends and family always asking us how the application is going. We just tell them that they'll be the first or second to know once we find something out.
This is also what we do. Share videos and occasionally even movies. Funny photos and stories about what is happening in our lives.

Ironically, I am the one (Sponsor) that was having a difficult time with the waiting. But like cleo says ... one day closer.

I also had to finally ask (politely) my family and friends on FB to stop asking because it was a painful reminder. They received it well and have stopped...so far ::)

Just my suggestion try not to talk about the distance and time. Try getting her to watch some funny videos or to share interesting stories about the day. One thing we also do is carry a camera with us. We take photos of random things and activities or social events we are at and then share them with each other. Makes us feel more connected to each others everyday activities.

Maybe you could send a little card in the mail with some love notes as a surprise.

We all here know how difficult it is to have to wait so maybe she would benefit from talking with people here a little. I don't know what will work best for you but I do hope it gets better and is just a phase. (I go through a "phase" every couple months lol and I know it is frustrating for my husband too.)

Best wishes to you both!

robyng65

May 1, 2011
Moncton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2007
Interview........
January 2009
Well I don't know, maybe I have one of the longest running times of being apart from my husband.
Some days are extremely low and both my husband and I have had some very dark and depressing times.
We met on the internet in a religious chat room on yahoo messenger back in the spring of 2005 and married in september of 2007. We have been through the application and interview process to be set back by a refusal, an appeal (Which we won), a Federal Court Judicial review and now a timeline of 19 months from March 2011 til the completion of this process. It is very hard to remain positive at times, yet somehow we endure. When I feel I am weak, my husband picks me up emotionally and when he is weak, I pick him up. I take vacation once a year to go visit him, but its not the same as always living together.
After all this time apart it is hard to talk about our future because we feel Immigration Canada has taken away our hopes and we don't know what is coming tomorrow. So, for now I continue my days working and taking care of my children and he is working and doing his daily routines until we can see past tomorrow again. How do we deal with being apart, I don't know, we just do. Get through today, then see what tomorrow brings............its all anyone can do. I have a new spelling for a word we have learned so well compliments of Immigration Canada it is:

WAAAAAAAAAAAYT!!!!! :eek:

atethepaint

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27 2011
AOR Received.
July 20 2011
File Transfer...
July 7 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 22 2011
Passport Req..
Nov 20 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28 2011
LANDED..........
Jan 22 2012
robyng65 said:
Well I don't know, maybe I have one of the longest running times of being apart from my husband.
Some days are extremely low and both my husband and I have had some very dark and depressing times.
We met on the internet in a religious chat room on yahoo messenger back in the spring of 2005 and married in september of 2007. We have been through the application and interview process to be set back by a refusal, an appeal (Which we won), a Federal Court Judicial review and now a timeline of 19 months from March 2011 til the completion of this process. It is very hard to remain positive at times, yet somehow we endure. When I feel I am weak, my husband picks me up emotionally and when he is weak, I pick him up. I take vacation once a year to go visit him, but its not the same as always living together.
After all this time apart it is hard to talk about our future because we feel Immigration Canada has taken away our hopes and we don't know what is coming tomorrow. So, for now I continue my days working and taking care of my children and he is working and doing his daily routines until we can see past tomorrow again. How do we deal with being apart, I don't know, we just do. Get through today, then see what tomorrow brings............its all anyone can do. I have a new spelling for a word we have learned so well compliments of Immigration Canada it is:

WAAAAAAAAAAAYT!!!!! :eek:
Haha, that one word sums up everything!

I'm sorry to hear about all your difficulties. With all the hoops you've jumped through, all the waiting, all the appeals...the fact that you two are still together should be proof enough of a genuine and continuing relationship!

Merik

Sep 10, 2010
Sanford North Carolina
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
27-06-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-06-2011
Med's Request
09-09-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2012 (Planned)
My wife and I are both facing hard times. She has returned to school to try and further her education while waiting for me in Canada. I have been looking for work since June of last year, and before that I was waiting for the time i would have vacation days I could use to go and Visit her. While we have not been in process for long (Took a while to save up the filing fee's) We have been apart for quite some time. Two years to be exact as of the 23rd. We have the issues of not being able to afford the travel between NC and Canada for visits.

We make up for that in ever way we can, We have certain free games we play together when I am not at work or she is not in school. We talk through Skype every chance we get, We also Utilize AiM and MSN for when we can't chat but are able to text. It is rough, brutal, absolutely unfair but in the end it makes us a stronger couple. I am however thankful that our son is as young as he is. While it hurts to miss this time in his life in a way it is better it be now, then later when he will remember his father not being there. Sorry if my post seems like a downer, but the underlying message really is to keep the hope up, keep the planning up. Do what you can and carve out time where you can. Take solstice in the fact that while other couples may have people tell them how much they love them. Every one of us, and our spouses prove it every day

shykitten

Star Member
Sep 12, 2010
Orillia, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
Nomination.....
11-02-2011 SPONSORSHIP APPROVED
AOR Received.
17-02-2011
Med's Done....
07-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-05-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
My husband and i have been together now for just over 3 years ..we met online and met for the first time 16 months into our relationship ...at that point we knew we were destine for each other ...i did a return visit to the UK 4 months later and visited for 3 months ...3 months later, my husband came to visit me in Canada for 2 weeks ..we had planned our small intimate wedding before he came and got married during that visit, we had been married 3 days and he returned home ...the last time i seen my husband was the January 2011. He came to visit over Christmas and New Years ...We have been married 10 months and seen each other a total of 3 weeks out of that time ...

Its been a long long rough road ...the stress has been enormous on both of us ...we plan our futures together and spend every last moment we are home together online ...we are lucky ...our application has been approved and my husband has gotten his PPR ...he will be picking up his passport next Thursday at the High Commission in London and his flight is scheduled for June 4 so we can finally be an old married couple lol ...

Through all the wait, the stress, the hard work and dedication, the love, the arguments, etc ...this has all been worth it ...albeit hard but well worth the journey ...

atethepaint

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27 2011
AOR Received.
July 20 2011
File Transfer...
July 7 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 22 2011
Passport Req..
Nov 20 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28 2011
LANDED..........
Jan 22 2012
shykitten said:
My husband and i have been together now for just over 3 years ..we met online and met for the first time 16 months into our relationship ...at that point we knew we were destine for each other ...i did a return visit to the UK 4 months later and visited for 3 months ...3 months later, my husband came to visit me in Canada for 2 weeks ..we had planned our small intimate wedding before he came and got married during that visit, we had been married 3 days and he returned home ...the last time i seen my husband was the January 2011. He came to visit over Christmas and New Years ...We have been married 10 months and seen each other a total of 3 weeks out of that time ...

Its been a long long rough road ...the stress has been enormous on both of us ...we plan our futures together and spend every last moment we are home together online ...we are lucky ...our application has been approved and my husband has gotten his PPR ...he will be picking up his passport next Thursday at the High Commission in London and his flight is scheduled for June 4 so we can finally be an old married couple lol ...

Through all the wait, the stress, the hard work and dedication, the love, the arguments, etc ...this has all been worth it ...albeit hard but well worth the journey ...
Wow! Congratulations! Thanks for posting!