+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How hard for an international student with just a Bachelor's to get PR

lololon

Mar 27, 2014
Someone who only finished Bachelor's at a Canadian uni, maybe with a part time TA job lined up at their future grad school

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Not sure it's possible unless they have at least one year of full time skilled work experience from their home country.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know some ppl who applied for PR under CEC and Skilled work experience.

Both of them had a work experience in Canada which were not related to study they did in Uni/college.
:their degree was practically useless to apply for PR.

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there a way you can talk to your employer about a full time position while you are looking for other opportunities?
Also consider some kinda of PGD program or a masters to boost your score on express entry if possible. Keep your eye out for the requirements of your provincial nominee program.

Don't give up just yet my friend. Lots of people in this position.

lololon said:
Someone who only finished Bachelor's at a Canadian uni, maybe with a part time TA job lined up at their future grad school

Raven123

Feb 5, 2016
floomy said:
I know some ppl who applied for PR under CEC and Skilled work experience.

Both of them had a work experience in Canada which were not related to study they did in Uni/college.
:their degree was practically useless to apply for PR.
Hi, a person who had done his college program(Diploma) got his/her PR successfully ?

Intend to do trades diploma program.

Abbas1

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
What I know, if you are part time, then you need to be working 2 years as part time to be eligible to apply for PR.
Try to fine full time job, in the mean time keep on working so you can accumulate working hours

Good luck