+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How fast can an immigrant divorce without losing the permanent residence?

canindian

Star Member
Sep 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2010
Doc's Request.
06-08-2010
AOR Received.
18-08-2010
File Transfer...
18-08-2010
Med's Done....
20-03-2010
Interview........
10-11-2010 Success!!!!
Passport Req..
14-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
arriving 26-11-2010
It is amazing that people would ask such a question and then have the nuts to say don't judge them!! As many other people have said we are crawling through SH*T and broken glass to prove that our relationships are real and genuine and not just for the purpose of immigration. Everywhere you turn on this website there are threads about marriage of convenience where someone has got screwed over! No wonder we are fighting an uphill battle. Stay in your own countries or try your hand at getting in through the skilled worker program (if you are able) and allow the family sponsorship program to work effectively! I don't want my tax dollars to be paying your welfare payments!

Misplaced Brit

Star Member
Sep 30, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/10/2010
confusednscared said:
I haven't read through all the comments on this topic but by reading what the OP said, wouldn't this be MARRIAGE FRAUD? Isn't this what CIC is trying to crack down and make the system of spousal sponsorship more difficult for real marriages?

re the OP, you should be very ashamed to post such topic in this forum especially seeing the hell hole true/real/genuine couples have to go through in order to be reunited with their loved ones.

I sure bet the business transaction for you to sponsor your partner to Canada was well worth every penny, eh ;) ?

I really hope CIC cracks down on your case before you crack down on CIC.

What a shame and disgrace to the Spousal Sponsorship unit of CIC. Yet, another one of your type will be new stats to CIC so they can make the system even more difficult and complicated.

I too am sorry for venting like this but I sure think you have come to the wrong place and it sends me bananas when people who aren't even real spin through the whole sponsorship process while the ideal, real ones have to wait for what feels like a lifetime to get the process started.
Well said, and I second every comment you made. My husband and I haven't even put in our application yet, and we already know we need to use a box for our application, just for the sheer amount of paperwork we have to send in to prove that our relationship is genuine.

Yet once again, someone out there blatantly abuses the system, and then has the balls to come on here, and ask questions about it! This makes me SO angry! My husband and I have been through hell in a handbasket the last few weeks trying to get everything sorted for the application, and we're praying we have enough to convince the IO that we're genuine!

re the OP - You know, you should be ashamed of yourself! Firstly, for abusing the system like you have, and secondly, for trying to cover it up. Your actions prove that you know what you did was wrong, yet you went ahead and did it anyway. I hope whatever money you made from sponsoring your 'wife' was worth it!

ambar

Star Member
Dec 1, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2010
Doc's Request.
15-06-2010
File Transfer...
03-03-2010
Med's Done....
10-11-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
Wow... Ben you must have a lot of nerve to ask that question?
I'm more than 100% positive that you are this "friend" that you keep referring to.

I really hope you do get caught because this just makes me sooo angry. You don't deserve to live in
this country if you can't value the laws and the system. I've read so many heartbreaking stories of people
who are separated from their wife/husbands and kids because of selfish, inconsiderate people like you!
You should be ashamed of yourself!

I wish CIC didn't stop there and cracked down on the PR card holders who divorce so quickly after they come
to Canada, maybe then this nonsense would stop!

Hycore

Star Member
Dec 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
AOR Received.
did not receive any
Med's Done....
March 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov.09, 2010
canindian said:
It is amazing that people would ask such a question and then have the nuts to say don't judge them!! As many other people have said we are crawling through SH*T and broken glass to prove that our relationships are real and genuine and not just for the purpose of immigration. Everywhere you turn on this website there are threads about marriage of convenience where someone has got screwed over! No wonder we are fighting an uphill battle. Stay in your own countries or try your hand at getting in through the skilled worker program (if you are able) and allow the family sponsorship program to work effectively! I don't want my tax dollars to be paying your welfare payments!
I couldn't agree with you more.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
My blood is boiling right now!!.... I have nothing to say but can you and your so called friends eff off.
this is not the right place to ask such a sensitive question.
You need to see a lawyer. or your friend (am confused now!) and they will advise you. It is wrong to use a canadian to gain PR because this canadian is responsible for you for the nextb three years !

Do you realise that the person who has sponsored you will suffer also>

It is unfair for me when i go for my interview because of people like you who have made my life and many many other genuine people a livving nightmare!!!.
It is unfair for my three innocent children who has a stressed out mother :mad:

GO AWAY... Please!!. You and your hurtful questions go ask them elsewhere!!..

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
nancy11 said:
Hello,

I am the principal applicant & already got the visa in canada.But unfortunately my relationship with my husband is not working anymore.So i have decided to give him divorce.In addition, i took 5 points from my husband to fill up 67 marks.Right now i am living in India & planning to go to canada next year February.My question is- If i divorce him over here(in India) before landing in canada, then will it affect my permanent residence status? or my visa will become invalid?

I am so much depressed about my relationship.Please help me out if anyone knows the answer.I badly need your help.

Nancy
He is obligated and responsible for you for the next 3 years!!. Its unfair to him!!. Do it the right way and let him know and the canadian gvt and go from ther!. or go see a lawyer. We are not lawyers. people like you are the ones making us innocent ones go thru hell!!..

B

boyee6576

It truely amazes me how positively selfish people can be. Using another person as a stepping stone to get what you want. People like this are destroying the hopes and dreams of those of us who have had to struggle and struggle to be together. Apparently your relationship was a farce to begin with and its people like you that have ruined our system for the genuine couple. I dont understand why CIC lets people like this get a freakin visa and then suddely, the marriage fails? Your not worried about your marriage your worried about your visa!! Now some poor canadian is stuck looking after your sorry arse. You should be ashamed of yourself, but apparently you dont have much shame to post your nonsense here.

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
nancy11 said:
Hello,

I am the principal applicant & already got the visa in canada.But unfortunately my relationship with my husband is not working anymore.So i have decided to give him divorce.In addition, i took 5 points from my husband to fill up 67 marks.Right now i am living in India & planning to go to canada next year February.My question is- If i divorce him over here(in India) before landing in canada, then will it affect my permanent residence status? or my visa will become invalid?

I am so much depressed about my relationship.Please help me out if anyone knows the answer.I badly need your help.

Nancy
It would seem from your post that you applied for Permanant Residence under the Federal Workers Program (because you say you got points for your husband which gave you the 67 points you needed), and not as a spousal / family applicant.

You should post your question into the FW section of this website, however, I believe that....

If you have already landed as a PR in Canada (and then returned to India) then the change in circumstances will not affect you.

If you have NOT already landed as a PR in Canada then a change in circumstances will affect you.

One of the questions you are asked at the landing interview is "has anything changed". If you get divorced then the points you received for your husband will not count and your visa may be withdrawn.

SimpleMan

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Ben54321,

Please leave us alone. You are abusing the system. We have real people in real relationships here, and they cannot even get visa for their family members, and now someone like you who are in a fake marriage is asking us for advice, and you are in your way to get your visa and come to Canada using fraud.

Which country did you come from?

Please go to a lawyer and get advice from them. Don't ask this forum for advice to break the laws and commit immigration fraud. People here are honest and struggling with this complex and difficult immigration system. We have enough pain already, we don't need you here.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nancy11 said:
Hello,

Nancy
This is a FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER application, not spousal sponsorship. So no Canadian was injured in the making of this post and no Canadian is responsible for this person for 3 years. ;D :p

That said, if you required the 5 points to meet the 67 passmark in the FSW application and you divorce your husband before landing, your visa will no longer be valid.

Seriously people, couples divorce all the time. And this applicant probably waited well over 2 years for their application to complete processing in their home country not to mention several months just to prepare all of the requirements. A lot can happen in 2+ years. AND they also must come to Canada with settlement funds (that they have to prove when they land) so chances are that they will be able to support themselves if they come to Canada without help from any social services other than some job finding agencies.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
rjessome said:
This is a FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER application, not spousal sponsorship. So no Canadian was injured in the making of this post and no Canadian is responsible for this person for 3 years. ;D :p

That said, if you required the 5 points to meet the 67 passmark in the FSW application and you divorce your husband before landing, your visa will no longer be valid.

Seriously people, couples divorce all the time. And this applicant probably waited well over 2 years for their application to complete processing in their home country not to mention several months just to prepare all of the requirements. A lot can happen in 2+ years. AND they also must come to Canada with settlement funds (that they have to prove when they land) so chances are that they will be able to support themselves if they come to Canada without help from any social services other than some job finding agencies.
Well the way they put it gave us the impression that they were sponsored!!. Its not really our fault!.
maybe they should have CLARIFIED first . The title of the thread suggests they wanna get a divorce FAST??.
What do you expect when you start a thread that talks about quick divorces in this forum???.
Most of us do not know about what points are and dnt know about no fedreal skill workers.
They need to go to theFSW forum and post there.
Here they will get NO SYMPATHY.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Black-Berry said:
Well the way they put it gave us the impression that they were sponsored!!. Its not really our fault!.
maybe they should have CLARIFIED first . The title of the thread suggests they wanna get a divorce FAST??.
What do you expect when you start a thread that talks about quick divorces in this forum???.
Most of us do not know about what points are and dnt know about no fedreal skill workers.
They need to go to theFSW forum and post there.
Here they will get NO SYMPATHY.
Yup, they should have posted on the other FSW forum. And you're right, in this forum most don't know about other types of applications. Anywhere you see "points" mentioned means it's one of the economic class applications and not even all of those have points. And no one is blaming here, just trying to explain the differences in the application types.

LOL! This is definitely NOT the forum to join when asking about divorce before landing!!! Believe me, I would have verbally kicked their A** too if it were a sponsorship case.

HoneyBird

Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 2010
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2011
Its posts like these that make it necessary for us to wonder what can be done...to prevent people from using this process as a way to PR.
So here is my thoughts...if the person wants to divorce right after entering Canada, then! they should immediately be returned to their country. That way they don't have to go on welfare and be a burden on the State.
So divorced within 3 years- immediate return. Child can be allowed to stay with Canadian Father or Mother.

Now, if its the other case of both parties using the system for money-12 months imprisonment for the Canadian and For the Outland Spouse who is guilty- 12 months imprisonment, back to Home Country and banned forever from Canada.