+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How fast can an immigrant divorce without losing the permanent residence?

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
HoneyBird said:
Its posts like these that make it necessary for us to wonder what can be done...to prevent people from using this process as a way to PR.
So here is my thoughts...if the person wants to divorce right after entering Canada, then! they should immediately be returned to their country. That way they don't have to go on welfare and be a burden on the State.
So divorced within 3 years- immediate return. Child can be allowed to stay with Canadian Father or Mother.

Now, if its the other case of both parties using the system for money-12 months imprisonment for the Canadian and For the Outland Spouse who is guilty- 12 months imprisonment, back to Home Country and banned forever from Canada.
Agrees...votes for Honeybird as the next immigration minister... :D

Hycore

Star Member
Dec 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
AOR Received.
did not receive any
Med's Done....
March 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov.09, 2010
I also agree with honeybird, and would like to add that the Canadian in the second scenario should loose all sponsorship privileges.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rjessome said:
This is a FEDERAL SKILLED WORKER application, not spousal sponsorship.
It is however posted in the Family Class Sponsorship section of the forum though - So I can understand why people thought what they did.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HoneyBird said:
Its posts like these that make it necessary for us to wonder what can be done...to prevent people from using this process as a way to PR.
Why not revoke PR if the divorce takes place within the Sponsorship period (3 years).

Hycore

Star Member
Dec 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
AOR Received.
did not receive any
Med's Done....
March 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov.09, 2010
Baloo,

I think why the Gov't doesn't do that already is because then it forces women who are in abusive relationships to stay in that relationship for three years. Eventhough, I know they are staying in the relationship for the wrong reasons, if it is just for pr.

Oil Sand Guy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Baloo said:
Why not revoke PR if the divorce takes place within the Sponsorship period (3 years).
Although this is counted as my first post, I have been around this forum for almost 2 years, during my immigration process (inland).

Why are you so scared? why do you have this negative attitude? why gloomy and why wanting to make it harder for yourself and others?

My story is:

My wife was herself spnosred by her ex. He went to her country only a tourist (2 weeks). They met there for their first time ever. They got married there and he sponsored her (with our daugher who was 8 years old at then time). When they arrived here in Edmonton, they only managed to live with him for 6 months. According to her (as I never met him..or wanted to) he was aggressive and mean. They started the divorce process after 12 months exactly from her landing. When she moved out, she could successfully secure her life and become independent from him (no social assistance needed). We started our relationship online (we never met in person at that time), at the very end of her divorce procedure. I was in USA and was overstaying there. After a few months the divorce was granted. what could we do.? she could not afford coming to me in USA and I could NOT easily go to her. We loved each other.We still love one another of course. That is soooooo true and genuine. I made my plan to come to Canada and make a refugee claim, knowing that I could go to detention, I could have been thrown back to US, I could be deported. I took the risk and also I knew in advance that refugee claim would be rejected eventually and I would be deported. I married her immediately. We have our little son right now. We applied inland after few months of my arrival and marriage. I got approved for my PR 3 weeks ago. I am working in the Oil Industry here, HENCE my user name.

Do not ger scared ladies and gentlemen. take life easy

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Oil Sand Guy said:
Although this is counted as my first post, I have been around this forum for almost 2 years, during my immigration process (inland).

Why are you so scared? why do you have this negative attitude? why gloomy and why wanting to make it harder for yourself and others?

My story is:

My wife was herself spnosred by her ex. He went to her country only a tourist (2 weeks). They met there for their first time ever. They got married there and he sponsored her (with our daugher who was 8 years old at then time). When they arrived here in Edmonton, they only managed to live with him for 6 months. According to her (as I never met him..or wanted to) he was aggressive and mean. They started the divorce process after 12 months exactly from her landing. When she moved out, she could successfully secure her life and become independent from him (no social assistance needed). We started our relationship online (we never met in person at that time), at the very end of her divorce procedure. I was in USA and was overstaying there. After a few months the divorce was granted. what could we do.? she could not afford coming to me in USA and I could NOT easily go to her. We loved each other.We still love one another of course. That is soooooo true and genuine. I made my plan to come to Canada and make a refugee claim, knowing that I could go to detention, I could have been thrown back to US, I could be deported. I took the risk and also I knew in advance that refugee claim would be rejected eventually and I would be deported. I married her immediately. We have our little son right now. We applied inland after few months of my arrival and marriage. I got approved for my PR 3 weeks ago. I am working in the Oil Industry here, HENCE my user name.

And its relevant to this post how?????

Oil Sand Guy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Black-Berry said:
And its relevant to this post how?????
Because most of you here have been exaggerating the events, have been scared and afraid of the unknown. Moreover, most of you blame guys like myself of what CIC do and decide. That is not true. What else I could have done to reach my love of life? My quality, integrity, sincerity are no less than anyone else who has a passport ( visa exempted). We did it and we are success.
Cheers

Hycore

Star Member
Dec 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
AOR Received.
did not receive any
Med's Done....
March 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov.09, 2010
I don't think people on this thread are scared, I think we are more upset or mad with how the family class immigration is abused.

Oil Sand Guy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Hycore said:
I don't think people on this thread are scared, I think we are more upset or mad with how the family class immigration is abused.
We can't see any abuse in our case. My wife was sponsored because she came with the impression that she was married to a good man. It turned out in the opposite direction. She is a human being. She was even seriously considering going back to her homeland. Now I am happily married. We have our cute little son. I am looking after our daughter who came here as 8 y old. She is the top of her class and school right now. I workd hard for Oil industry and I pay tax. Above all I did not lie. I told them the truth from day one. Even in the interview I said the truth.

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whoever posted this topic
first if ur in abusive relationship there is no time limit you can divorce him or her at any time and report to the police as its against the law
secondly why get married and divorce her/him so soon? some people are just stupid period

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is the Original post

Ben54321 said:
Hello alltogether,

I'm interested, how fast its possible after recieving the Canadian permanent residence Visa to make a divorce from her husband without losing the Canadian permanent residence.

My friend has the oppinion, that she could arrive in Canada and divorce very shortly after and would keep her permanent residence Visa.
I dont think like this, however I have no idea of immigration rules and laws.

May be you can help me. Thank you VERY much!!!

Ben
I do not believe that the people here are scared, they are victims of those who plan to lie, cheat and defraud Canada.

Read the OP, the highlighted text shows that there is clear intent to abuse the immigration system.
Fraudulent cases cause immigration staff and maybe more importantly, the Canadian public to wonder what immigrants real intentions are.
That mistrust causes suffering (in many ways) to those immigrants who abide by the rules.

This is not about people being scared, it is anger against those people who are (or intend to) abuse the system, IMHO they should not gain entry to Canada.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oil Sand Guy said:

My story is:

From what you have written, the first thing you abused was the USA, by overstaying - there are clear rules but you chose to break them.

You came to Canada stating you were a refugee, but in a following post your words seem to indicate that you were lying.

What else I could have done to reach my love of life?
Refugee status is not meant to be used for that purpose - So once again you chose to break the rules in a different country.

You then go on to say :
Above all I did not lie. I told them the truth from day one. Even in the interview I said the truth.
But you said here that you came to Canada to be with someone, not as an immigrant through normal channels. Obviously your story does not fit together.

Now I admit that I don't know you, and maybe my views are polarized by the difficulties I see reported by many of the people here;
But if I was your IO, you would have been rejected for PR - because you misrepresented the facts.

Oil Sand Guy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Baloo said:
From what you have written, the first thing you abused was the USA, by overstaying - there are clear rules but you chose to break them.

You came to Canada stating you were a refugee, but in a following post your words seem to indicate that you were lying.

Refugee status is not meant to be used for that purpose - So once again you chose to break the rules in a different country.

You then go on to say :
But you said here that you came to Canada to be with someone, not as an immigrant through normal channels. Obviously your story does not fit together.

Now I admit that I don't know you, and maybe my views are polarized by the difficulties I see reported by many of the people here;
But if I was your IO, you would have been rejected for PR - because you misrepresented the facts.
Baloo

Hush.hush.sh..shhhhh

I did not lie: it means: I was bold and told the immigration all what had happened to me, upfront. So, immigration guys were given every freedom to assses, accept or reject They eventually accepted. It was never a piece of chocolate or cake. It took full 3 years and half to finish. During this long time I was allowed to work. The immigration were made aware I have established myself and suppoted my family..while the Cnd citizen (who married my wife earlier) could not afford..and eventually kicked a stranger woman and her kid out in NON-HUMANE manner.
May be you are so jealous of us. I am now an established PR of Canada. I am a good fellow and a potential candidate for Canada. Either, your spouse or you are not yet. But I wish you and all every happiness and success.