+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How early can I travel for the September 2024 intake?

architgarg

Aug 25, 2023
Hello folks, I've been meaning to travel with my parents (who btw on a visitor visa) in Jun 2024 for my classes starting September 2024.

Will it be possible considering my brother is a permanent resident there and will be accommodating three of us?

The official IRCC and CBSA websites do say `We encourage you to travel to Canada as early as possible after you receive your documents to avoid the busy travel period in late August, early September, and in early January.`

But some sources say 4 weeks and bla-bla

Thanks in advance!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello folks, I've been meaning to travel with my parents (who btw on a visitor visa) in Jun 2024 for my classes starting September 2024.

Will it be possible considering my brother is a permanent resident there and will be accommodating three of us?

The official IRCC and CBSA websites do say `We encourage you to travel to Canada as early as possible after you receive your documents to avoid the busy travel period in late August, early September, and in early January.`

Thanks in advance!
If you are coming more than 6 weeks prior to start of studies then CBSA may deny you entry. Also because you cannot work make sure you are showing a lot of money to support yourself, not other family members. You will not know until you board the plane and try to enter Canada.

Reactions: architgarg

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021

Thanks in advance!
4 weeks prior to start of your program is reasonable time to arrive.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
I know a person who arrived August 2023 for a program starting January 2024
And I know a person who came 2 months before the program starts and was turned back at the airport. Each case is different.

Caveat Emptor!

architgarg

Aug 25, 2023
Well you folks are probably right, that the early travel in June may cause issues, but my parents are old and have never travelled internationally

Hence there was hesitation about them travelling the first time and that there wouldn't be any issues whatsoever, if I had to take that risk and let's say I go with them, which documents you can prescribe I should take with me such as my brother giving us a letter that he has enough funds to accommodate three of us etc.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Well you folks are probably right, that the early travel in June may cause issues, but my parents are old and have never travelled internationally

Hence there was hesitation about them travelling the first time and that there wouldn't be any issues whatsoever, if I had to take that risk and let's say I go with them, which documents you can prescribe I should take with me such as my brother giving us a letter that he has enough funds to accommodate three of us etc.
So why can’t they travel with out in mid/end of July? You are not a dependant of your parents and brother. You need to show considerable funds to support yourself, not your brother. You may be denied boarding.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

How long are your parents planning to visit? What type of visa do they have? You need to show your own funds and so do your parents on a regular TRV.

architgarg

Aug 25, 2023
So why can’t they travel with out in mid/end of July? You are not a dependant of your parents and brother. You need to show considerable funds to support yourself, not your brother. You may be denied boarding.
Actually, they have summer holidays in June that's why

You're right so funds from India should work right, do you mean the immigration here in India would deny me the boarding due to the lack of funds, I need to calculate the adequate amount of funds, any recommendations on that

Last edited:

architgarg

Aug 25, 2023
How long are your parents planning to visit? What type of visa do they have? You need to show your own funds and so do your parents on a regular TRV.
Whole of June month, they have a visitor visa, if we show our funds from India, that should do right

We just need to see how much of the minimum funds should we show

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Actually, they have summer holidays in June that's why

You're right so funds from India should work right, do you mean the immigration here in India would deny me the boarding due to the lack of funds, I need to calculate the adequate amount of funds, any recommendations on that
The airline can deny you boarding as they check each visa with Canadian government. If allowed to board, you can still be denied entry at immigration in Canada and sent back on the next flight. Funds are the funds in your bank account. Calculate how much per month you would be spending, not including how much to get settled in your place prior to school.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Whole of June month, they have a visitor visa, if we show our funds from India, that should do right

We just need to see how much of the minimum funds should we show
You can explain that your parents are travelling in June because that is when they are on vacation. You will be separated from your parents when you arrive in Canada because you need to go through immigration landing process. Would suggest having a copy of their return ticket and copy of approved leave from their employers to show that they are only visiting for June and will be returning to India afterwards so you can show that you are arriving very early to join the family holiday for your whole family to visit your brother in Canada.

architgarg

Aug 25, 2023
You can explain that your parents are travelling in June because that is when they are on vacation. You will be separated from your parents when you arrive in Canada because you need to go through immigration landing process. Would suggest having a copy of their return ticket and copy of approved leave from their employers to show that they are only visiting for June and will be returning to India afterwards so you can show that you are arriving very early to join the family holiday for your whole family to visit your brother in Canada.
That's great advice, I appreciate that

I will do that, Thanks much @canuck78