+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How does the Canadian govt assist immigrants who have kids

Mariajudy

Apr 30, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Good day

Just a quick question. We have a son who is 3+ year old toddler. I went through the Canada education system where it has mentioned the formal school starts from the age of 5. Till then we will have to be joining him in a play group or day care where he will be taken care of. As, we both (me n my hubby) will be hunting jobs or will be going for a job either scenarios in Canada.

If there any parents out there who had gone through such situations please guide us, it would be helpful. My questions are,

1. Are the daycare centers are expensive?
2. Or are the play groups are expensive?
3. Does the government provide any assistance to the immigrants who migrate with younger children?

Please get back with a response.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello Everyone,

Good day

Just a quick question. We have a son who is 3+ year old toddler. I went through the Canada education system where it has mentioned the formal school starts from the age of 5. Till then we will have to be joining him in a play group or day care where he will be taken care of. As, we both (me n my hubby) will be hunting jobs or will be going for a job either scenarios in Canada.

If there any parents out there who had gone through such situations please guide us, it would be helpful. My questions are,

1. Are the daycare centers are expensive?
2. Or are the play groups are expensive?
3. Does the government provide any assistance to the immigrants who migrate with younger children?

Please get back with a response.
Well, I landed in Winnipeg, Manitoba and this province has a program under which around 500-600 CAD is deposited on your account on the name of child development something. I have not applied yet however the SIN officers told me about that since I have a 4 year old daughter.

And the day care charges here in Winnipeg are around 20-30 CAD per day (depending on your child's age).
Read here: http://www.daynurserycentre.ca/index.php/parents/fees-schedule

I hope I answered.

Mariajudy

Apr 30, 2018
So this 500 - 600 is deposited to our account every month? Orelse at the begining alone? Was it easy to manage the expense without a job at the begining?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
So this 500 - 600 is deposited to our account every month? Orelse at the begining alone? Was it easy to manage the expense without a job at the begining?
Its deposited in the bank account.

I had a job already with me.

I booked an AirBnB here for 2 weeks since I did not know anyone here local.
In those 2 weeks I made a friend who helped me in leasing an apartment. Apartments are mostly given to those who have jobs in hand else should search basements or house on rent.

If you know someone, better put up in his house for some time before finalizing your renting place or finding job.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Things vary greatly based on where you live. In Toronto or Vancouver you are looking at over $1500/month for daycare. Yes you currently get child tax benefit based on your income to help with costs. That can always change based on the government in power.

Mariajudy

Apr 30, 2018
Its deposited in the bank account.

I had a job already with me.

I booked an AirBnB here for 2 weeks since I did not know anyone here local.
In those 2 weeks I made a friend who helped me in leasing an apartment. Apartments are mostly given to those who have jobs in hand else should search basements or house on rent.

If you know someone, better put up in his house for some time before finalizing your renting place or finding job.

Thanks for your response!

As you have mentioned in your thread u had a job already. Can you guide me how was it possible? Because I am also trying to secure a job.

Many thanks and regards,
Maria

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Thanks for your response!

As you have mentioned in your thread u had a job already. Can you guide me how was it possible? Because I am also trying to secure a job.

Many thanks and regards,
Maria
You should have prior contacts here in Canada. And track if there is an opportunity coming up or getting vacant. I was tracking that from past 6 months.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
This is exactly why you are expected to have settlement funds available with you; to pay for expenses while you find a job.

Mariajudy

Apr 30, 2018
You should have prior contacts here in Canada. And track if there is an opportunity coming up or getting vacant. I was tracking that from past 6 months.

Correct me if I'm wrong!

Even if I have prior contacts there in Canada, the employers there still don't take my international experience into account ryt?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Correct me if I'm wrong!

Even if I have prior contacts there in Canada, the employers there still don't take my international experience into account ryt?
They are considering in my case.

Mariajudy

Apr 30, 2018
Strange! But I have heard from many that it's difficult to find jobs without Canadian experience, hence I was quite skeptic about it.

Good to hear from you dat there's a hope. My best wishes and prayers to you and Ur family. Take care