+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How does CIC figure under which stream you get ITA?

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
Hi all,

If you qualify for both - FSW & CEC, how does CIC decide under which stream to put an applicant through? It seams CEC applicants get through it faster..Please advise. Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you qualify for both, you'll get an ITA under FSW. Try qualifying only for CEC by putting in funds available as Zero.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
If you qualify for both, you'll get an ITA under FSW. Try qualifying only for CEC by putting in funds available as Zero.
You mean under CEC I don't have to show POF? I don't have LMIA..Just PGWP

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Asivad Anac said:
I've put zero funds but still says eligible for both :eek:

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manidhatt said:
I wasn't sure that would be sufficient. If your highest educational credential is Canadian, remove the ECA for your foreign education and you might end up being eligible only for CEC alone.

Strong note of caution : Fiddling around with a live MyCIC profile is very risky as you might end up making some changes which renders your profile ineligible. No one except you knows your profile in full detail so be careful while applying changes to your profile.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
Yes. There has been a recent revision of rules. No POF required if you qualify under CEC.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
This is from CIC website:

"If you accept a nomination, you will be allocated an additional 600 points in the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System. This means you will likely receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence under the Provincial Nominee Program. Once you accept a nomination, your profile will no longer be visible to other provinces and territories, so you will not be considered for nomination by other jurisdictions. You will also not be considered for other skilled worker programs.
What do they mean by that? So its not gonna be CEC or FSW?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Phil89 said:
This is from CIC website:

"If you accept a nomination, you will be allocated an additional 600 points in the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System. This means you will likely receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence under the Provincial Nominee Program. Once you accept a nomination, your profile will no longer be visible to other provinces and territories, so you will not be considered for nomination by other jurisdictions. You will also not be considered for other skilled worker programs.
What do they mean by that? So its not gonna be CEC or FSW?
Provinces' pecking order is CEC, FSTP, FSWP.

Source for your information?

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
Provinces' pecking order is CEC, FSTP, FSWP.

Source for your information?
This is from my CIC account. When you click on the blue button "help" next to the "Provincial Nominee Program - Met", the new icon open with the description.

So wha does it mean? I am going to be selected under the Provincial Nominee Program and not CEC or FSW?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Phil89 said:
This is from my CIC account. When you click on the blue button "help" next to the "Provincial Nominee Program - Met", the new icon open with the description.

So wha does it mean? I am going to be selected under the Provincial Nominee Program and not CEC or FSW?
PNP under EE is a sub-category to gain 600 points just like LMIA but your profile would still have been evaluated to check for eligibility under one of the economic classes - CEC, FSWP or FSTP.

You will know for sure when you get your ITA and see the checklist for yourself.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Asivad Anac said:
I wasn't sure that would be sufficient. If your highest educational credential is Canadian, remove the ECA for your foreign education and you might end up being eligible only for CEC alone.

Strong note of caution : Fiddling around with a live MyCIC profile is very risky as you might end up making some changes which renders your profile ineligible. No one except you knows your profile in full detail so be careful while applying changes to your profile.
It's going to drop my score too. My friend got ITA for FSW, he has a Canadian degree and an ECA for foreign degree. He had also put zero for funds and in the checklist they didn't ask for proof of funds. :eek:

Also it said that you've received ITA for FSW

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
PNP under EE is a sub-category to gain 600 points just like LMIA but your profile would still have been evaluated to check for eligibility under one of the economic classes - CEC, FSWP or FSTP.

You will know for sure when you get your ITA and see the checklist for yourself.
Thanks. I wonder if CEC people really get it faster...maybe its just an illusion.

Guys whoever received ITA with PNP, please share your experience!! thanks

pk_2015

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
AOR Received.
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
21-04-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
manidhatt said:
Can you confirm that you have answered No to the question "Do you have a job offer?"