+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How does Arc works after being deported for overstaying for 4 years.

Trishakatwe

Feb 1, 2020
I over stayed after given a removal order i was hiding for 4 years. Recently just get caught and deported. But before i left i married my husband so that he can process the sponsorship. Should we submit the sponsorship before apply for the arc?

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
I over stayed after given a removal order i was hiding for 4 years. Recently just get caught and deported. But before i left i married my husband so that he can process the sponsorship. Should we submit the sponsorship before apply for the arc?
For refusing to obey the removal order (that led to deportation order) you've violated or failed in complying with IRPA. Therefore, your visa application maybe denied or you maybe refused entry to Canada, definitely an Authorization to return to Canada (ARC) is required in order to be admitted to Canada.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I’d also expect your last minute marriage before you were deported to be looked at very closely

Reactions: hamgha

Trishakatwe

Feb 1, 2020
For refusing to obey the removal order (that led to deportation order) you've violated or failed in complying with IRPA. Therefore, your visa application maybe denied or you maybe refused entry to Canada, definitely an Authorization to return to Canada (ARC) is required in order to be admitted to Canada.
So should I apply for the arc first before submitting the sponsorship application or it doesn't matter which application 1st?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
The marriage is real cause we have 2 Canadian born children 6 years and 2 years old.
Correct me if I’m wrong , I never said that . You were under the radar for four years , had two children .You ignored removal orders . You got caught . Just BEFORE you are being deported you have the marriage , so your partner could start the sponsorship, which you had ample time in the previous four years to do
And btw, having children doesn’t constitute the genuineness of a marriage

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The marriage is real cause we have 2 Canadian born children 6 years and 2 years old.
If you've been in a relationship for over 6 years, why did you wait to apply for sponsorship, ignoring removal orders and ending up deported? You really could have saved yourself and your family so much trouble if you had made better decisions.

So should I apply for the arc first before submitting the sponsorship application or it doesn't matter which application 1st?
Straight from the IRCC website:

If you are applying to come to Canada for any reason, (visiting, studying, working or immigrating), you should not submit a separate application for an ARC. If your application is approved, the ARC will be dealt within the context of that application. You will simply be asked to submit the fee.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/reasons/authorization-return-canada.html

Trishakatwe

Feb 1, 2020
Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Submit the sponsorship application. IRCC will request the ARC paperwork as part of the process. You'll have to pay an additional fee for the ARC and also repay the cost of the flight to deport you (if you didn't pay for this yourself). The ARC will also add additional processing time to the application - likely several months.

Trishakatwe

Feb 1, 2020
If you've been in a relationship for over 6 years, why did you wait to apply for sponsorship, ignoring removal orders and ending up deported? You really could have saved yourself and your family so much trouble if you had made better decisions.

Straight from the IRCC website:

If you are applying to come to Canada for any reason, (visiting, studying, working or immigrating), you should not submit a separate application for an ARC. If your application is approved, the ARC will be dealt within the context of that application. You will simply be asked to submit the fee.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/reasons/authorization-return-canada.html
My husband didn't have his papers back then,that's why. But thanks for the information.

Trishakatwe

Feb 1, 2020
Submit the sponsorship application. IRCC will request the ARC paperwork as part of the process. You'll have to pay an additional fee for the ARC and also repay the cost of the flight to deport you (if you didn't pay for this yourself). The ARC will also add additional processing time to the application - likely several months.

Trishakatwe

Feb 1, 2020
Ok thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My husband didn't have his papers back then,that's why. But thanks for the information.
What do you mean he "didn't have his papers"? When did he become a PR? How long have you been living together?You really should provide a full explanation of the situation because it sounds like it's very possible you don't even qualify to be sponsored.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What do you mean he "didn't have his papers"? When did he become a PR? How long have you been living together?You really should provide a full explanation of the situation because it sounds like it's very possible you don't even qualify to be sponsored.
Oh yes this can be important, especially if his husband became PR recently. Why? If the relationship was genuine and they were living together, he should have declared common law. Which might have lead to rejection of whole PR process (given her status and not obeying law, which might mean criminal inadmissibility). Oh yes, whole story is needed here.