+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How does an arrest in the UK which resulted in a NFA/No charges or conviction affect Canadian visa?

Hmattoo1995

Jul 4, 2018
Hi everyone

I was arrested on grounds for 'common assault' however was left by UK police in a few hours with a NFA - No Futher Action letter with no charges/ conviction or further investigation whatsoever. This incident took place around Apr 2017. This incident was harmed no one. No one fell or even got a scratch . All that happened was - I was having an arguement and pushed my ex gf on her right shoulder due to which she moved or got pushed back by no more than a step or two. No injury no fall.

I recently applied for a tourist visa which I got successfully but I did not mention or state this arrest of the visa application form - a. I wasn't clear about what my interaction meant with the UK police at the point in time when I was filling the visa application and b. I overlooked it because I was left really quickly from the station and the case didn't go ahead.

I have no prior arrest or history in any other country that I've lived in . Secondly I am working on requesting for deletion of my arrest record as I truly believe they were baseless and malicious .

However I do want to correct this situation as I will be applying for a student permit for my master's soon.

Please advise on what can one do.