+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do you say you want to go Canadian Experience Class through Express Entry please?

Florence88

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
How do I specify that I want to go CEC on the Express Entry form? Been working a year in BC and desperately want to apply this way but doing online application I can't see where I am supposed to say this.Some of the questions e.g. proof of funds etc do not apply. How will CIC know what I want to apply for? Sorry freaking out a bit and would be SO grateful from anyone who is chasing the same thing as me. Thanks so much in advance!

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
There is no option to specify which stream you are applying under, it is determined based on your profile. That is, if you qualify for CEC, you will be invited under this stream. For proof of fund, you can enter 0. Good Luck!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
How do I specify that I want to go CEC on the Express Entry form? Been working a year in BC and desperately want to apply this way but doing online application I can't see where I am supposed to say this.Some of the questions e.g. proof of funds etc do not apply. How will CIC know what I want to apply for? Sorry freaking out a bit and would be SO grateful from anyone who is chasing the same thing as me. Thanks so much in advance!
LOL, you don't. You input your qualifications, and the system determines your eligibility. If you happen to be eligible for both CEC and FSW, and you receive an ITA, it will be for CEC by default.

Florence88

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Thank you so much for your magically swift replies, wonderful. I see, so I could put that I have a very few savings.
I thought there was also a question about the LMIA.....should I just say N/A. I just can't find it in my notes now....oh dear
Thanks

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Thank you so much for your magically swift replies, wonderful. I see, so I could put that I have a very few savings.
I thought there was also a question about the LMIA.....should I just say N/A. I just can't find it in my notes now....oh dear
Thanks
There's a question asking if you have a valid job offer. If you don't have LMIA then just say no.