+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do you rush eCOPR?

hhaazelll

Feb 10, 2024
Hello everyone,

I have submitted my common law application on June 28th last year, received this email on January 8th (please see the very below of this post.)

Basically I am waiting for IRCC to email me back with my PR portal account they created so I can upload my photo to receive eCOPR. I thought I would hear back from them within 2 weeks after I answer those questions below (name, eye color, height etc) based on what I've head but it has been over a month now and still did not receive email from them yet.

I have a family wedding in Argentina in April for 2 weeks that I need to attend to take care of my mother. She is from Korea and she does not speak in Spanish or English, she also has mobility issue unfortunately due to her leg condition. I need to be there for my mother more than the wedding. My current visa is work permit and it expires on March 8th. I would like to rush the process of getting eCOPR so I can at least pray to get PR card before April..

My question is,
Is there any way I can rush IRCC to send me email with PR portal account to start my eCOPR application? i have tried their website for urgent request, I am not even eligible because they only accept urgent request for PR card for the people who received eCOPR. I am trying to rush eCOPR.

I really do not want to go through the pain in Argentina applying for PRTD.. It's basically impossible for me cause PRTD takes more than 3 weeks to receive and I will be in Argentina only for two weeks.

Thank you for listening my vent lol

This is the email I received from IRCC on January 8th.

(Your application for permanent residence is now ready for finalization pending the confirmation
of your permanent residence status. You’ll complete this process through the Permanent
Resident Portal (PR Confirmation).
Please provide the requested information within 7 calendar days to ensure there are no undue
delays.
Confirming your permanent residence using the portal
In the portal, you’ll confirm that you and your dependants (if applicable) are in Canada, provide
your Canadian address and submit your photo to create a permanent resident card.
In the portal there are two steps: step 1: declaring your presence in Canada is a requirement to
become a permanent resident and step 2: submitting a photo and a Canadian address is a
requirement to receive your permanent resident card.
You must have an email address in order to complete this process. You need to access the
portal yourself. Your representative cannot access the portal on your behalf. If you are a
representative and are receiving this email on behalf of a client, you must forward this
message to your client.
Next steps:
 As the principal applicant, you’ll act on behalf of your dependants (if applicable). If you
would prefer your dependants to have their own accounts, please indicate so in your
reply to this email and provide their valid email addresses.
 In your reply to this email, copy and paste the template below and fill in the information
for yourself and for each member of your family (if applicable). If you are not sure of
the exact date(s) of your entries to Canada, you can provide your best estimate. IRCC
requires this information in order for us to create a Confirmation of Permanent
Residence document for you (and your family members if applicable) and to create an
account for you to become permanent resident(s) through the portal.
 Name as it appears on your passport:
 Height in either centimetres or feet and inches:
 Eye Colour:
 UCI:
 Personal email (one for the whole family):
 Current residential address (apt #, street #, street name, city, province, postal
code) :
 Personal phone number:
 Original entry date (YYYY/MM/DD):
 Date of last time you entered Canada (YYYY/MM/DD):
 Location of last entry (which Canadian border or Canadian airport):
 Are you currently inside Canada (yes or no):
 If you are not inside Canada
o When is your expected return date (YYYY/MM/DD):
o In which country are you currently located:
)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

I have submitted my common law application on June 28th last year, received this email on January 8th (please see the very below of this post.)

Basically I am waiting for IRCC to email me back with my PR portal account they created so I can upload my photo to receive eCOPR. I thought I would hear back from them within 2 weeks after I answer those questions below (name, eye color, height etc) based on what I've head but it has been over a month now and still did not receive email from them yet.

I have a family wedding in Argentina in April for 2 weeks that I need to attend to take care of my mother. She is from Korea and she does not speak in Spanish or English, she also has mobility issue unfortunately due to her leg condition. I need to be there for my mother more than the wedding. My current visa is work permit and it expires on March 8th. I would like to rush the process of getting eCOPR so I can at least pray to get PR card before April..

My question is,
Is there any way I can rush IRCC to send me email with PR portal account to start my eCOPR application? i have tried their website for urgent request, I am not even eligible because they only accept urgent request for PR card for the people who received eCOPR. I am trying to rush eCOPR.

I really do not want to go through the pain in Argentina applying for PRTD.. It's basically impossible for me cause PRTD takes more than 3 weeks to receive and I will be in Argentina only for two weeks.

Thank you for listening my vent lol

This is the email I received from IRCC on January 8th.

(Your application for permanent residence is now ready for finalization pending the confirmation
of your permanent residence status. You’ll complete this process through the Permanent
Resident Portal (PR Confirmation).
Please provide the requested information within 7 calendar days to ensure there are no undue
delays.
Confirming your permanent residence using the portal
In the portal, you’ll confirm that you and your dependants (if applicable) are in Canada, provide
your Canadian address and submit your photo to create a permanent resident card.
In the portal there are two steps: step 1: declaring your presence in Canada is a requirement to
become a permanent resident and step 2: submitting a photo and a Canadian address is a
requirement to receive your permanent resident card.
You must have an email address in order to complete this process. You need to access the
portal yourself. Your representative cannot access the portal on your behalf. If you are a
representative and are receiving this email on behalf of a client, you must forward this
message to your client.
Next steps:
 As the principal applicant, you’ll act on behalf of your dependants (if applicable). If you
would prefer your dependants to have their own accounts, please indicate so in your
reply to this email and provide their valid email addresses.
 In your reply to this email, copy and paste the template below and fill in the information
for yourself and for each member of your family (if applicable). If you are not sure of
the exact date(s) of your entries to Canada, you can provide your best estimate. IRCC
requires this information in order for us to create a Confirmation of Permanent
Residence document for you (and your family members if applicable) and to create an
account for you to become permanent resident(s) through the portal.
 Name as it appears on your passport:
 Height in either centimetres or feet and inches:
 Eye Colour:
 UCI:
 Personal email (one for the whole family):
 Current residential address (apt #, street #, street name, city, province, postal
code) :
 Personal phone number:
 Original entry date (YYYY/MM/DD):
 Date of last time you entered Canada (YYYY/MM/DD):
 Location of last entry (which Canadian border or Canadian airport):
 Are you currently inside Canada (yes or no):
 If you are not inside Canada
o When is your expected return date (YYYY/MM/DD):
o In which country are you currently located:
)
There's no rush / expedite processing for eCOPRs.