+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do you know your oath taking ceremony date other than mail?

Kindness

Apr 6, 2012
Good Day!

I do understand that they will send you a mail that contains information about the oath taking ceremony date, time and venue. However, what if the mail got lost on the way to your address? What are the ways you could accurately know the days of your oath taking ceremony other than mail?

Does CIC know your oath taking date, time and venue when you call them?

Can you know the oath taking date by checking your application status online?

Can you visit the nearest CIC office personally to know your oath taking ceremony date?

I do appreciate every feedback. Thank You! May you have a pleasant day!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kindness said:
I do understand that they will send you a mail that contains information about the oath taking ceremony date, time and venue. However, what if the mail got lost on the way to your address? What are the ways you could accurately know the days of your oath taking ceremony other than mail?

Does CIC know your oath taking date, time and venue when you call them?

Can you know the oath taking date by checking your application status online?

Can you visit the nearest CIC office personally to know your oath taking ceremony date?

I do appreciate every feedback. Thank You! May you have a pleasant day!
As far as I know, there is no way to see it other than mail.

I do not know if the call centre can tell you the date, time and venue. I do not have experience with that but I am sure they can get the message across if your letter was lost in the mail that you will be sent a new one. However, if your letter were to get lost in the mail, you probably wouldn't find out about it until you have missed your ceremony already.

In my experience, you do not see anything useful online. In my case, my status online changed from "in process" to "transferred to local office" on the same day that the local office notified me to appear for the exam and did not really change to anything else after that. You can however try.

From what I have heard, the local CIC offices are now closed for walk-ins but again, you can try.