+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Do You Justify A Track Change in Your Career?

SpaceTraveller

Nov 2, 2019
I've heard that study permit regulations have gotten really strict, and they now apparently don't let people choose a study program which is different from their previous degree or work experience?

Is this true? How are people now supposed to change their career path if they have decided to change?

What if someone makes a wrong decision and studies a graphic design course for example, and only later decides that they want to do something else like programming or accounting? People make wrong decisions all the time and then find their way later on.

How do you justify a track change like that? Is it enough to just say that I simply want to change? What if your new study program has nothing to do with your previous background?

sandhu_17

Aug 10, 2019
It all depends on your sop. Write all the details why are you choosing this track and how it can help you shape your career in that direction. Its all about convincing VO.

Reactions: SpaceTraveller

SpaceTraveller

Nov 2, 2019
It all depends on your sop. Write all the details why are you choosing this track and how it can help you shape your career in that direction. Its all about convincing VO.
But how would you explain the change if the change has nothing to do with your current track or anything in the past?

For example: I've heard some people say that if at all they do change their career path, the motivation of that change can be linked to something in their work experience. Like if they did an internship, but picked up a new skill in that internship and then pursued a course regarding that skill, that's a change that can be justified because it was linked to their work experience.

sandhu_17

Aug 10, 2019
Tell me about your domain. How are you transitioning?
I myself did graduation with Computer Science but in internship, I was acquainted with Business Intelligence and then took Enterprise Content Management course and explained all that in sop and got the visa.

Reactions: SpaceTraveller

SpaceTraveller

Nov 2, 2019
Tell me about your domain. How are you transitioning?
I myself did graduation with Computer Science but in internship, I was acquainted with Business Intelligence and then took Enterprise Content Management course and explained all that in sop and got the visa.
I have an undergraduate degree in Animation. After finishing that I decided that I no longer want to work in Animation (It's just not my thing), and I felt like I would do better elsewhere.

I'm transitioning to web development after doing lots of research on what kind of a career I would be suited for. I feel like this is a very weak reason and others have also said its a very weak reason. But that's pretty much why I'm doing it.