+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do you find out if my medical request is completed?

weirdduck

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
I've been asking my lawyer if I have gotten medical request yet very very many times because I thought it was weird I haven't gotten it yet although I applied for PR last year Sep.

He kept saying no. but I found out today CIC sent out medical request in January this year. CIC website said this "We sent you medical instructions on January xx, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. "

I asked my lawyer what was going on?

He told me that he sent out my medical result last year November in advance and I don't have to worry about it? but why would CIC send me a medical request far after I had already submitted the medical result?

As far as I know, the status message should've been changed it to "
Medical Results Received by IRCC We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed. " if CIC at least got mine actually.

My lawyer said that there sometimes is a delay on reflecting real updates and that my medical couldve been already completed.

but.. what if they ignored my up-front medical paper and because of that I might have missed medical request by almost 6 months?

harind17

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
I've been asking my lawyer if I have gotten medical request yet very very many times because I thought it was weird I haven't gotten it yet although I applied for PR last year Sep.

He kept saying no. but I found out today CIC sent out medical request in January this year. CIC website said this "We sent you medical instructions on January xx, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. "

I asked my lawyer what was going on?

He told me that he sent out my medical result last year November in advance and I don't have to worry about it? but why would CIC send me a medical request far after I had already submitted the medical result?

As far as I know, the status message should've been changed it to "
Medical Results Received by IRCC We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed. " if CIC at least got mine actually.

My lawyer said that there sometimes is a delay on reflecting real updates and that my medical couldve been already completed.

but.. what if they ignored my up-front medical paper and because of that I might have missed medical request by almost 6 months?
You can submit a webform to ask about your medical.
Since you have a lawyer, I assume you don't have access to your CIC account. CIC account will display if they accepted your medical and the date you passed. However, if your ECAS is not showing the line 'Medical results have been received'. chances are they haven't received/accepted your upfront medical.

weirdduck

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
You can submit a webform to ask about your medical.
Since you have a lawyer, I assume you don't have access to your CIC account. CIC account will display if they accepted your medical and the date you passed. However, if your ECAS is not showing the line 'Medical results have been received'. chances are they haven't received/accepted your upfront medical.
If they didn't accept my upfront medical then am I screwed? Its been almost 6 months since they newly requested me for medical but I didn't send anything yet..

harind17

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
If they didn't accept my upfront medical then am I screwed? Its been almost 6 months since they newly requested me for medical but I didn't send anything yet..
Given the fact that IRCC has given extensions to submit medicals/bio-metrics due to Covid 19 (for those who got requests around Feb/Mar), I think you might be able to get your medicals done. But the best bet would be to submit a webform to inquire about your upfront medical and if it is not accepted, ask for extension.