+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do we know the received information genuine or fake?

Jul 11, 2020
Hi there,

Hope this message treat you all staying safe and healthy at your place during this COVID-19.

I would appreciate if you share your knowledge here to educate me about my recent email and whats app discussion with some of the consultancies.

Basically they are sending several messages about position "driver", " store manager", "cashier" in Canada. They asked me to send the money for 3000 for registration and 10000 for employee contribution ( 40000 employers sponsor) to complete the formalities of approval of my application along with medical tests- BP, Sugar, HIV, Complete blood picture, Urine test. Along with that Driving license, Passport copy, Photograph, Resume asked to submit soft copies.

Once I sent the above listed, then they shared information about company website, contact numbers, email. I cross checked with website details after googling I got homepage of the website and numbers as same as consultant shared. But Email id did not find anywhere in the website except "contact us" which has pop up windows where we can fill our details like name, contact number, email, a box to write our concerns.

So far, I followed the above steps. Am I doing right thing with right people/firm?

I am holding only my country's driving licence but I have been driving my car and other vehicles since 2004 till today for short and long trips. Mainly I am loving to drive with gear vehicles.

I am requesting all of you educate me about my application for Canada as a driver position.
1. Am I doing right thing
2. Am I working with right agency for right organisation
3. I am holding masters with 17 years experience
4. I am not planning to stay for PR, only short period of employment
5. I am 46 years old as on today.
6. How do I trust and find the genuinity of this kind of messages and information ?

Thanks and regards
Raghuram

Jul 11, 2020
What are the main challenges come across if we apply for skilled employment through consultants who are working outside Canada?

Basically what are the list of documents need to submit and how do we check the list and genuine information about skill based employment in Canada?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment as well but Virtually everything you have said indicates you could be scammed with fake job offers. Say that because offers for cashier, driver or store manager are all typical job offers used by scammers to take money off of people. Seems unusual for a consultant to state all the medical tests required given medical are performed by authorised panel doctors who determine what tests may be required.

To get a job offer in Canada an employer needs to apply for an LMIA which costs them 1000 can plus costs to advertise for a few months to ensure no resident is available. For the jobs mentioned this would be extremely unlikely to not have residents available so employers are generally not looking to employ anyone from outside of Canada

Generally scam offers include any one of free accommodation, flights , food none of which a genuine employer would offer.

Scammers also create fake websites, fake contact numbers and fake email addresses. Generally any offer for hotels, construction, oil/gas , private house staff and also farms will generally be fake

They ask for money upfront and copies of documents which can often be used in id theft.

Also given how unemployment will increase following COVID it is even less likely any employer will be looking outside of Canada,

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/protect-fraud/internet-email-telephone.html

Probably not advisable to pay any money or share any documents and maybe accept that it might not be possible to find a temp job in Canada at this time.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2020
Others can comment as well but Virtually everything you have said indicates you could be scammed with fake job offers. Say that because offers for cashier, driver or store manager are all typical job offers used by scammers to take money off of people. Seems unusual for a consultant to state all the medical tests required given medical are performed by authorised panel doctors who determine what tests may be required.

To get a job offer in Canada an employer needs to apply for an LMIA which costs them 1000 can plus costs to advertise for a few months to ensure no resident is available. For the jobs mentioned this would be extremely unlikely to not have residents available so employers are generally not looking to employ anyone from outside of Canada

Generally scam offers include any one of free accommodation, flights , food none of which a genuine employer would offer.

Scammers also create fake websites, fake contact numbers and fake email addresses. Generally any offer for hotels, construction, oil/gas , private house staff and also farms will generally be fake

They ask for money upfront and copies of documents which can often be used in id theft.

Also given how unemployment will increase following COVID it is even less likely any employer will be looking outside of Canada,

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/protect-fraud/internet-email-telephone.html

Probably not advisable to pay any money or share any documents and maybe accept that it might not be possible to find a temp job in Canada at this time.

Sounds pretty useful information. Thanks for educating me to know more about this type of fraud offers published in job portals.