+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do people not living Canada get more than 400 points?

carlucho34

Star Member
Jan 1, 2016
Hello,

I'm kinda new here, but I've read this forum for years. Anyway, I've noticed there are some people here that don't live in Canada and are getting ITAs. How do you guys do that?

I've lived in Canada for almost 2 years, and my score is 396...kinda frustrating. My IELTS results are great, my partner is about to graduate and has a bachelor from back home...once he graduates here, it's not a lot of points that we'll get. The job thing seems like a red tape. I have a full time job, 2 part time jobs, all in the NOC, but I do understand I can't add the hours of the 3 jobs together...it has to be "from the same job".

Having said that, I find it difficult, and I live here! I have my life here now! I was just wondering, how do you guys do it? The only thing that it's keeping my score below 450 is the Canadian Experience. Mind you, it took me a year and a half to get a full time job with all the benefits and blah blah blah.

Thanks,

C.

varun22

May 26, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
AOR Received.
28-01-2016<br>Medicals Passed - 29-01-2016 <br>Ghost Mail - 31-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
What is your IELTS score?

Do you have more than CLB 9 in each section?

Nov 27, 2015
Santo Domingo
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
carlucho34 said:
R: 7.5
L: 8
W: 7
S: 8.5

Overall 8
Hello Carlucho34! I would strongly suggest you apply for a provincial nominee program or try improving your IELTS... You can play with the CRS calculator tool and see what things you can do in the near future to improve your score...is not hard could be a matter of months in your work area or improving IELTS for you or your wife or common law partner

carlucho34

Star Member
Jan 1, 2016
thank you. How do I play with the crs?

I did apply for the Pnp, but improving my IELTS won't add up that much.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
SANTODOMINGO09 said:
Hello Carlucho34! I would strongly suggest you apply for a provincial nominee program or try improving your IELTS... You can play with the CRS calculator tool and see what things you can do in the near future to improve your score...is not hard could be a matter of months in your work area or improving IELTS for you or your wife or common law partner
already has clb9. read it before u comment

Nov 27, 2015
Santo Domingo
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
Go to this address and start changing the things you can achieve sooner

Www .cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

desertfox

Dec 9, 2014
carlucho34 said:
Hello,

I'm kinda new here, but I've read this forum for years. Anyway, I've noticed there are some people here that don't live in Canada and are getting ITAs. How do you guys do that?

I've lived in Canada for almost 2 years, and my score is 396...kinda frustrating. My IELTS results are great, my partner is about to graduate and has a bachelor from back home...once he graduates here, it's not a lot of points that we'll get. The job thing seems like a red tape. I have a full time job, 2 part time jobs, all in the NOC, but I do understand I can't add the hours of the 3 jobs together...it has to be "from the same job".

Having said that, I find it difficult, and I live here! I have my life here now! I was just wondering, how do you guys do it? The only thing that it's keeping my score below 450 is the Canadian Experience. Mind you, it took me a year and a half to get a full time job with all the benefits and blah blah blah.

Thanks,

C.
You are missing point from work experience.

Moreover, do you have a Canadian graduate degree or a foreign degree for which you have done ECA?

If not, you maybe missing point from education.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
I think it's the work experience that adds the most points (after IELTS). My husband and I have never been to Canada and we had 470 points. I, as a PA have a masters degree. And more than 3 years of experience. IELTS: LRWS 9 9 7.5 8.5

My husband has a bachelor degree and also overall IELTS 8. Even a small change in IELTS (ex. Half a point) makes a difference to a score, even when the overall is above 8. Try making those small changes in the CRS tool and you'll see how your points get affected.

As far as work experience goes, it really sucks you cannot add two part time jobs. I understand your frustration.

carlucho34

Star Member
Jan 1, 2016
I have a Bachelor from back home and I have the WES. I have over 7 years of foreign work experience. It's obvious I need more Canadian experience. That's why I was asking how do people not living in Canada make it to over 450.

desertfox said:
You are missing point from work experience.

Moreover, do you have a Canadian graduate degree or a foreign degree for which you have done ECA?

If not, you maybe missing point from education.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
carlucho34 said:
I have a Bachelor from back home and I have the WES. I have over 7 years of foreign work experience. It's obvious I need more Canadian experience. That's why I was asking how do people not living in Canada make it to over 450.
I guess masters degree would push you over that threshold.

carlucho34

Star Member
Jan 1, 2016
You're totally right! Thanks a lot for your input. Very nice, indeed!

Ugh! The work experience thing is just a pain. Not to mention getting an OHIP when you're not a PR. I pay thousands of dollars in taxes, work my ass off, and it takes to have a full time job with some requirements that are not easy to get lol! I'll get the PR some day.

I've worked my arse off for months thinking I was just adding Canadian experience hours up! I hope these stupid rules change. 50% of the population in Toronto do not have a full time job.

Tocanadawego said:
I think it's the work experience that adds the most points (after IELTS). My husband and I have never been to Canada and we had 470 points. I, as a PA have a masters degree. And more than 3 years of experience. IELTS: LRWS 9 9 7.5 8.5

My husband has a bachelor degree and also overall IELTS 8. Even a small change in IELTS (ex. Half a point) makes a difference to a score, even when the overall is above 8. Try making those small changes in the CRS tool and you'll see how your points get affected.

As far as work experience goes, it really sucks you cannot add two part time jobs. I understand your frustration.

Baljas

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-02-2016 pcc required for both applicant and spouse
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
IELTS Request
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
27-01-2016 (passed) BG check in progress 27-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
carlucho34 said:

Ugh! The work experience thing is just a pain. Not to mention getting an OHIP when you're not a PR. I pay thousands of dollars in taxes, work my ass off, and it takes to have a full time job with some requirements that are not easy to get lol! I'll get the PR some day.

I've worked my arse off for months thinking I was just adding Canadian experience hours up! I hope these stupid rules change. 50% of the population in Toronto do not have a full time job.
i m in the same boat and i am sure there are many people like us all over Canada who suffered from this express entry system. now there will be many more people who will comment( wait and watch) that will criticize and bittch about people who are on work permit , working their asss off and paying thousand of taxes but still have to beg for PR just in order to keep their jobs.
for you, look for Canadian Certificate of qualification in your profession that will add up another 50 points.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
carlucho34 said:

That's really frustrating and seems unfair.

I just feel like you are not adding things right for your points. With a bachelor degreen, 7 years of work experience you should definitely have well over 400 points, even without the canadian experience. Try the CRS tool. How much experience in canada do you have?