+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do i Register a Business need the experts to Guide me

JaredSolo

Mar 9, 2012
Hi,

I am thinking of getting into a sports equipments business and want to know the step by step procedure to register a name and have a Website (wont have a office) to start things off. I Will be importing sports goods from another country and selling it in Canada and US or any other country i get Orders from. Please help me as on internet it shows so many different options that it confuses me. Also i am planning to buy a Car and if i do so shall i buy it on my company name to get tax benifits or my own name. Thanks in advance for the help.

Lubs64

Star Member
Sep 12, 2010
Why don't you consult an accountant. They will be the best person to give you advice. If you do not know an accountant ask some one to recommend you one or just look in the yellow pages.

BC.Van

May 1, 2013
It totally depends on your location. Are you in Canada? Which province will you carry out this business?

Assuming you operate this business in Vancouver, BC, you will need to:
1. incorporate a company, provincial or federal, it does not matter;
2. open up a business account;
3. apply for an import and export license/permits, Canada customs coding form, Canada customs invoice, export declaration;
4. apply for a number of other licenses if you are going to have commercial vehicles.
5. contact a web design company, there are plenty of high quality low cost ones out there for you to choose from.

I hope these can help.