+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do I link paper to online application using GCKey?

GreyWolf88

Oct 8, 2016
I was approved to sponsor my Korean wife for PR. We are now living in Korea.

Our application began processing on Dec.28th 2016.
Medical results have been received (date unspecified)

No updates since.

I've tried to link my paper application to the online using GCKey (I don't belong to any of the sign-in partners) over 20 times without success, to try and get more detailed information on the application progress.

The site is buggy and will block me before my 4th attempt has even gone through, even though it says you are allowed 5 attempts in 24 hours. So the site cannot even count to 5! Even some chimpanzees can be trained to count to 5!

Why are so many fields required? (22!) Why not just use a passport number? (Each one is unique!)

Does it have to be a 100% pixel perfect match to our application? That's not even possible given the limited drop down menu choices and character restrictions in certain fields. (At least one of the place names in the drop down list of Canadian towns is spelled wrong!)

I already contacted their support via e-mail a couple weeks ago, and have not received a reply (unlike this post, it was a very business-like and to-the-point). Even if I do get a reply it will probably be automated and contain some insulting or useless general information completely unrelated to my question.

Has anyone had any success with this mess of a system that appears to have been programmed by a walrus?

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
It is notoriously difficult to link. I managed only after 22 failed attempts, some manage first time, others have given up. It is not so much you inputting precisely what is in the application form you sent, it is hoping that what you input matches what and how CIC typed it in at their end, which of course you have no way of knowing!

Yes, it is the most stupid method of linking anyone has ever seen - all they had to do was wait for you to request access then email a one use code to the email address you supplied, but nooooooo - faaaaarrrrr to simple and secure :mad: :mad:!

You might try the method described in this link, it worked for me and a few others (no guarantees of course).

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ_-_New_Application_Forms#All_about_MyCIC

The 'trick' seems to be that whatever data combo you use, to then enter the bare minimum of additional information that the screen validations allow. Just enter one or two items and try to link, the on screen messages will tell you what is mandatory. Add one more item and try again etc.

Mhmass

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
Hi everyone, I am trying to link my account with application and I tried it 5 times but didn’t work.. does anyone know what to do?

After entering my information it says “Based on the information you entered, we found no applications”