+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do I know if my PR application was received?

lynnklee

May 9, 2020
We sent an application on April 29, and according to the tracking number, it arrived at the destination a few days later... However, we're coming up on 3 months and we've yet to receive any notice that it was received, so we do not even have an application number yet. Does it normally take this long? I understand covid has caused some delay but it would be nice to know that processing has begun or if perhaps there was an error in transit... Should we call?

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
Until you have a file number there is no one and nowhere to call - and even after you've received a file number the people you can call to find out about your application will be less than useful.
Patience lynnklee, especially now.

Oct 10, 2020
We sent an application on April 29, and according to the tracking number, it arrived at the destination a few days later... However, we're coming up on 3 months and we've yet to receive any notice that it was received, so we do not even have an application number yet. Does it normally take this long? I understand covid has caused some delay but it would be nice to know that processing has begun or if perhaps there was an error in transit... Should we call?
I sent my PR application in March just the at beginning of the pandemic outbreak through Canada. 7 months passed no file number no anything. I filled out 3 web forms to ask the status of my documents, yet no useful infor arrived. It's a waste of time to call service line because they don't know anything about your application until it is assigned a file number. Do you have a file number now?