+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do i have health card for my wife and daughter?

Baradwaj

Feb 9, 2020
Hi Everyone,
I am on SOWP (based on my wife study visa) and have a health card, is wife eligible for OHIP ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can anyone respond please..
No your child will not qualify for OHIP until he gets PR. You will need to purchase emergency travel medical insurance and pay for routine care out of pocket. Yes you can apply for CCB. You will need to submit proof of your international income for the past 2 years. The amount of CCB you received will be dependent on your international income.

Please be patient. It has only been a few hours. If you want immediate advice you can pay for it. It can take time for a volunteer who knows the answer to answer your question.

Reactions: YVR123

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Hi. I'll arrive as an international student. I'll be covered by my college's insurance before class start, but my wife won't. I understand she can get an insurance when she finds a job, but what options do we have in the meantime?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi. I'll arrive as an international student. I'll be covered by my college's insurance before class start, but my wife won't. I understand she can get an insurance when she finds a job, but what options do we have in the meantime?
You have to buy insurance for dependents through your school which will cover routine care and emergency care or buy emergency medical care and payvfor any routine care and medication.

Reactions: andrews17