+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do I extend my stay in Canada Please?

Comflakes

Nov 1, 2011
Hi All,

Am a newbie here and in Canada on a student Visa to attend a professional certification programme. I made it through to be certified in my profession. The problem now that am on a 6 months visa which will expire in some months. I will like to extend my stay here and possibly work in my career field since its more advanced here than in my county. I do not have a job offer yet as my career field is not very common.

I also started a relationship here with a Canadian man and we both want a lasting relationship but do not want to rush into marriage for the wrong reasons. Any suggestions on how I can extend my stay in Canada( Not Student Visa) both for my career growth and my man please?

Appreciate the helpful responses.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Apply to extend your stay.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp

Comflakes said:
Hi All,

Am a newbie here and in Canada on a student Visa to attend a professional certification programme. I made it through to be certified in my profession. The problem now that am on a 6 months visa which will expire in some months. I will like to extend my stay here and possibly work in my career field since its more advanced here than in my county. I do not have a job offer yet as my career field is not very common.

I also started a relationship here with a Canadian man and we both want a lasting relationship but do not want to rush into marriage for the wrong reasons. Any suggestions on how I can extend my stay in Canada( Not Student Visa) both for my career growth and my man please?

Appreciate the helpful responses.

georgecombey

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

Just like in US, UK or any other country, extending your stay (be it a tour, business visit, study, work, etc.) is possible by renewing it a month before your visa expires.

Comflakes

Nov 1, 2011
Thanks for the responses.
I have checked the webpages link. I noticed that to change my student visa to work permit, I need to have a job offer which I presently do not have, also, to extend my student visa, I will need to register in a school since I am done with the initial study programme that brought me to Canada.

Is it possible to apply for a change to a work permit even without a job offer yet? and if I have to extend as a student, can I extend my student visa using the initial documents used for the application back in my home country? since I do not have plans to enroll in another Educational programme for now.(The fees are high).

My main goal at the end of the day is to immigrate to Canada in order to work and build my professional career. I know this might take a while to achieve and I wouldn't want my visa to expire while I work towards immigrating here, thus my wanting to extend my initial student visa or preferably get a work permit.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need a job offer and an approved LMO to apply for a work permit.

I don't see how you can extend your study permit based on your original documentation. You would need to apply to and be accepted to a new program and/or school.

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
You remind me of a guy in my University, his father was some minister in Turkmenistan, so this guy was very rich. He came on a student visa and just kept getting one degree after another, switching programs, just prolonging his education as much as he could in order to stay in the country. However no firm will hire him and do the whole LMO thing, because there are more than enough Canadian graduate engineers they can choose from, the country is still in a recession.

Why don't you people get your education and return to your home countries? Improve them by taking your skills there! Isn't that what you promise us originally, that you will return? So many lies.

You've also found Canadian man to try and get legal here, LOL man.

katie46

Sep 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
7-Oct-2011
Med's Request
25-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
5-April-2011
Dear, comflake

If you want just email me to help you in this situation.I am not sure 100 persent can help you, but better than nothing.
email adress: ho_ma1@yahoo.ca