+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW DO I DO THE DOCUMENT TRANSLATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS IN NICARAGUA

samruiz123

Dec 4, 2014
hello everyone,

i really need help figuring out what it is i need to do to get my documents translated and certified.
I am Canadian (living in Winnipeg). We are trying to get all the sponsorship materials for my wife and step son living in nicaragua, and we are having problems with understanding the instructions for the translations and certifications. The Latin American forms aren't very clear. They say that they want copies of documents and translations, but they don't say at all clearly which copies must be notarized (and by who/how), and they don't say what manner of translation is required (i.e., certified or not, and if certified then by who/how). I note that the Latin forms do say that the criminal check has to include a certified translation. It doesn't actually say how to go about getting that. As well, the fact that it specifically requires "certified" for that, whereas other documents (like passport) only say translation, does that mean that the other documents don't need the translations to be certified? can I just have someone that can translate do the translation? does that need to be certified by a public notary?

anyone who has gone through this in nicaragua and has found an answer PLEEEAASSSE write me back and let me know what you did. I have heard that people go to UCA (universidad centro americana) for translations (but they charge an arm and a leg), i can have a family friend translate and another family lawyer do the certifications for less than what UCA would charge.

please help!!

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
samruiz123 said:
hello everyone,

i really need help figuring out what it is i need to do to get my documents translated and certified.
I am Canadian (living in Winnipeg). We are trying to get all the sponsorship materials for my wife and step son living in nicaragua, and we are having problems with understanding the instructions for the translations and certifications. The Latin American forms aren't very clear. They say that they want copies of documents and translations, but they don't say at all clearly which copies must be notarized (and by who/how), and they don't say what manner of translation is required (i.e., certified or not, and if certified then by who/how). I note that the Latin forms do say that the criminal check has to include a certified translation. It doesn't actually say how to go about getting that. As well, the fact that it specifically requires "certified" for that, whereas other documents (like passport) only say translation, does that mean that the other documents don't need the translations to be certified? can I just have someone that can translate do the translation? does that need to be certified by a public notary?

anyone who has gone through this in nicaragua and has found an answer PLEEEAASSSE write me back and let me know what you did. I have heard that people go to UCA (universidad centro americana) for translations (but they charge an arm and a leg), i can have a family friend translate and another family lawyer do the certifications for less than what UCA would charge.

please help!!

I needed some certified documents in the past,
from a Latin American country, it was a while ago,
but what I remember is that the documents were translated
by a certified translator, and they have experience with documents
for other countries, and in the case of Canada,
The Canadian embassy gave the stamp of certification as I remember,
it had to go to government agencies if I am not wrong, but at the end
of the day,
if it is certified document, normally will be needed a certified translator,
and he will know the way to make the document official,
as I said, it may require to be certified at the embassy....
best thing is to consult with a professional of translations in Managua, Nicaragua

all official documents that are not in English will need to be translated,
Birth Certificates,
Marriage Certificates,
Police Certificates, etc.
So, get the original documents soon
and then get the translation and certification
by a registered translator.

Good luck