+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do I apply for CEC class?

luanmayanyi

Jan 26, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I'm a postdoctoral fellow in Ontario. I want to apply for CEC immigration after finishing my one-year working contract. However, I don't want to extend my contract in this group. How do I apply for CEC?
If I change my working place, is there having some problem? Or if i return to my motherland, how to satisfy the requirement of living in Ontario for at least one-year??
My Work Permit shows the occupation of my work is post-secondary teaching, which is different from my previous offer letter (The title is postdoctoral fellow). Does this difference have some adverse influence on my application?

Thank you very much

Sarah

cecnov2013

Oct 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
11-12-2013
IELTS Request
Sent along with Application
Med's Request
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
27-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-06-2014
LANDED..........
12-07-2014
luanmayanyi said:
Hi Everyone,

I'm a postdoctoral fellow in Ontario. I want to apply for CEC immigration after finishing my one-year working contract. However, I don't want to extend my contract in this group. How do I apply for CEC?
If I change my working place, is there having some problem? Or if i return to my motherland, how to satisfy the requirement of living in Ontario for at least one-year??
My Work Permit shows the occupation of my work is post-secondary teaching, which is different from my previous offer letter (The title is postdoctoral fellow). Does this difference have some adverse influence on my application?

Thank you very much

Sarah
Read through this

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-how.asp

luanmayanyi

Jan 26, 2014
Thank you.

I just want to know whether i can apply for CEC after finishing One-year contract.

My work permit was started at Jun 19 2013 and will expire at Jun 18 2014. So I'm afraid I can not satisfy the requirement of One-year living here....

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
luanmayanyi said:
My work permit was started at Jun 19 2013 and will expire at Jun 18 2014. So I'm afraid I can not satisfy the requirement of One-year living here....
More important are the dates of employment - the dates that you actually start and stop working. That must be a year. You may not be in your ideal job, but you might reconsider extending the contract, at least for say 2-3 months.

You can apply after you return to your country, but you have to make sure you qualify first.

It can be tricky if the NOC on your work permit doesn't match your job duties, but the job duties are most important. As a post-doc fellow, you should select an NOC that is most closely related to the work you do, not the NOC that says "post doc" (a common error, but that refers to the post-secondary teaching). Since it IS such a common error, it probably won't be that big of a deal...