+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do I add my spouse after Medicals

yahoo1239

Dec 16, 2011
Hello everyone
I have married recently and also received my medicals which I finished. Now before receiving the passport request how do I add my spouse to my file. If I want to apply for my spouse later will they issue PR for me now or do I have to apply for my souse now itself. Anybody.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I assume that you were not married when you applied and now you have gotten married during your processing? If that is the case, you must notify your visa office immediately that you have gotten married and want to add your spouse. Then go through all forms that may have changed because of your spouse and fill them out again. Your spouse will also have to fill out some forms. Once you have all that ready, send that to the visa office along with the fees for your spouse.

You do not have the choice of leaving this until later. If you don't tell them and get the PR visa from the application you made as a single person and land on this visa after having been married, you will be barred from ever sponsoring your spouse in the future and you could even lose your own PR due to misrepresentation.

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
So I assume that you were not married when you applied and now you have gotten married during your processing? If that is the case, you must notify your visa office immediately that you have gotten married and want to add your spouse. Then go through all forms that may have changed because of your spouse and fill them out again. Your spouse will also have to fill out some forms. Once you have all that ready, send that to the visa office along with the fees for your spouse.

You do not have the choice of leaving this until later. If you don't tell them and get the PR visa from the application you made as a single person and land on this visa after having been married, you will be barred from ever sponsoring your spouse in the future and you could even lose your own PR due to misrepresentation.
Always authenticated replies.+1