+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do designate education years for a G.E.D.

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
How do you designate the amount of years for a G.E.D. in education history? I put 4 years of secondary, because my understanding is that it represents the equivalent of 4 years’ worth of secondary/high school education, but obviously it doesn’t take 4 full years, as you have to take a series of tests to get it. I included a letter explaining the situation where relevant, and put 4 years of secondary/high school, but I want to make sure that’s correct.
Let me know. Thanks!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
How do you designate the amount of years for a G.E.D. in education history? I put 4 years of secondary, because my understanding is that it represents the equivalent of 4 years’ worth of secondary/high school education, but obviously it doesn’t take 4 full years, as you have to take a series of tests to get it. I included a letter explaining the situation where relevant, and put 4 years of secondary/high school, but I want to make sure that’s correct.
Let me know. Thanks!
Yes, if it's high school equivalent, put the relevant number of years for high school in that jurisdiction.

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
I would read that G.E.D. is equivalent to the years to get a High School Diploma and I would just make that equivalent to however many years high school is in the province you either reside or intend to move to.

Your mileage may vary.