+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How do Canadian IT recruiters/firms treat a person with frequent job changes

lonefox

Star Member
Sep 19, 2016
Hi All,

I am planning to move to Canada on PR this year. I am a full stack developer (Java, Angular js, Spring, NoSQL, Google app engine etc) with 8 yrs of experience and having Computer Science Bachelor's degree. I have changed 4 jobs (1st Job 3yrs, 2nd 6 months, 3rd 6 months, 4th 1.3yrs) in 7 yrs and this is my 5th job and these job changes were not for getting more money but for right kind of job.
I am very passionate about developing softwares and was always looking for a job where I can work on hardcore software development and also improve my technical skills. But then I always wonder what would people think when they look at my resume with these many jobs. Is something like this a big black mark and makes it difficult to find job in Canada ?

Note: 2nd and 3rd Job were literally hiring people for head count and 4th job I had to leave because of product shut down. It was my bad decision of moving to these jobs without prior understanding about the companies.

Regards,
lonefox

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
As long as you have the right skills for the "canadian" jobs you apply for, i don't think your previous job changes would matter. If asked why, you would need to have a logical explanation (your explanation above is not "good" enough to be honest).