+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Difficult To Be A Lawyer in Canada ?- Seniors Please Advice !!

sagara

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Dear All,

I am a lawyer in my country with LL.B . I had to go through a licencing process of 1 year after LL.B. I have about 1 yeras of experience in lawpracice
ive evaluated my LL.B and WES(canada) accepted it as equivalent to 4 year degree in canada

With that background will it be extremely difficult to become a lawyer in canada ?

Please Advice

Acelawyer

Star Member
Oct 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2009
Doc's Request.
May 2009
AOR Received.
June 2009
File Transfer...
April 2010 to New York
Med's Request
October 2010
Med's Done....
November 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 31st 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27 July. Decision made on July 5th 2011. Received July 8
LANDED..........
August 2011
For information about foreign lawyers and how to become a lawyer in Canada check

http://www.flsc.ca/en/foreignLawyers/applicationForm.asp

Edmontonian

Dec 18, 2010
In what country did you do your LL.B.? The number of exams or courses that you have to do will depend on that country where you did your degree.

I was educated in the U.S. I had to show competence in four subjects to qualify as a Canadian lawyer: Administrative Law; Criminal Law; Constitutional Law; and Foundations of Canadian Law. Generally, those are the minimum number of exams that you will have to complete. The university where you complete your degree and your GPA will affect that number of exams, too.

You will also have to complete a bar examination or a bar admission course over a period of several months. In Alberta, this is called CPLED (http://www.cpled.ca/).

Depending on how many years of experience, you may need to complete a period of 'articling' under a senior lawyer in the province. You may be exempt with the Law Society of Upper Canada in Ontario.