+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How difficult it is to get a job after holding a PR

srchaitanya

May 29, 2015
Dear forum members

I started PR process for Canada recently. I wanted to understand if there is a possibility to get job from home country itself after getting the PR.
I mean, would employers pay more attention to those resumes which mention that they are having PR already.
My only worry about the whole process is that of leaving a job here and moving to CA & finding one. Instead if I can find a job while am at my home country and then leave for the job. So just wondering if it makes sense to resign here and go & find a job in CA.

Any thoughts guys.

Best Regards.

DeeBruv

Aug 27, 2014
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
WES FSW Platform update 12-12-2014
Nomination.....
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
29th June 2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2015, Updated forms req and RPRF 17-07-2015, Medicals Received 20-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-06-2016 Pick Up Mail 20-06-2016 ECAS Updated to DECISION MADE 23-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
Re: How difficulat it is to get a job after holding a PR

srchaitanya said:
Dear forum members

I started PR process for Canada recently. I wanted to understand if there is a possibility to get job from home country itself after getting the PR.
I mean, would employers pay more attention to those resumes which mention that they are having PR already.
My only worry about the whole process is that of leaving a job here and moving to CA & finding one. Instead if I can find a job while am at my home country and then leave for the job. So just wondering if it makes sense to resign here and go & find a job in CA.

Any thoughts guys.

Best Regards.

Ask for a leave of absence from your office. land in Canada first and see if you like it there. I will not advise that you to resign.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012

It is very difficult to get a job from outside. Anyhow search jobs thro Google, indeed.ca and known companies websites.

polara69

Mar 9, 2013

PR will not help you get a job outside Canada You have to be in Canada to be able to attend interviews or receiving phone calls. No one will employ anyone unseen.. At least not anyone with a bit of brain.

shakti123

Apr 25, 2014

DeeBruv said:
Ask for a leave of absence from your office. land in Canada first and see if you like it there. I will not advise that you to resign.
It will be tough to get jobs from India.. May be leave of absence is good option, but again it will be costly and if PR card is delayed it could be an issue/

.......... I have a plan to land in Canada in August, is august a good time to find IT jobs in canada?

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012

Weather wise August is good.

perukulla

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-02-2015
Med's Request
28-02-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2015
LANDED..........
09-09-2015

srchaitanya said:
Dear forum members

Any thoughts guys.

Best Regards.
There are very remote chances that sitting in India and getting calls. If you are from IT and very core fields of IT like embedded,telecom,networking i am seeing many opportunities around. Also it will not be very tough for you to get one asap after landing there unless your preparedness for interview is very poor.
If you feel to risky about this option, there is one more option is you can get a local no canada and calls forwarding to your india no. so that employers start calling on your no, you can probably attend technical calls over phone..ofcourse you have to manage here saying you are traveling out of canada and will not be in a position to come to canada for f2f...may be final round or HR, you can meet f2f like that...atleast you are 90% on to the offer..
right now i am trying out this option it is working out, i am getting the calls.

shakti123

Apr 25, 2014

ttrajan said:
Weather wise August is good.
:) weather is quite good in August, but is it good time to land in Canada to find IT jobs... What is the best time to find IT jobs in Canada?

shakti123

Apr 25, 2014

perukulla said:
There are very remote chances that sitting in India and getting calls. If you are from IT and very core fields of IT like embedded,telecom,networking i am seeing many opportunities around. Also it will not be very tough for you to get one asap after landing there unless your preparedness for interview is very poor.
If you feel to risky about this option, there is one more option is you can get a local no canada and calls forwarding to your india no. so that employers start calling on your no, you can probably attend technical calls over phone..ofcourse you have to manage here saying you are traveling out of canada and will not be in a position to come to canada for f2f...may be final round or HR, you can meet f2f like that...atleast you are 90% on to the offer..
right now i am trying out this option it is working out, i am getting the calls.
Perukulla... I can goto Canada no sooner than August, because of my commitments here... Do you know if August is a good time to find jobs, in general what is the best time to find IT jobs in Canada?

polara69

Mar 9, 2013

shakti123 said:
Perukulla... I can goto Canada no sooner than August, because of my commitments here... Do you know if August is a good time to find jobs, in general what is the best time to find IT jobs in Canada?
August 22, 4.35pm. ;)

Not sure there are good or bad times, perserverence and a bit of luck is more likely what you need.

srchaitanya

May 29, 2015

Dear perukulla
Thank you for your response. That is very helpful.
I have couple of more questions.
- Are you into IT or non-IT ?
- Normally the notice period in India is around 2 months in most of the companies but it is not like that in Canada/US. It is around 2 weeks in these countries. So how are you managing the difference? I mean, you have resigned and started searching ? Because that is the only way I know of and would be interested to know how you are going about it.

shakti123

Apr 25, 2014

polara69 said:
August 22, 4.35pm. ;)

Not sure there are good or bad times, perserverence and a bit of luck is more likely what you need.
Yes true... but better to land when time is perfect!

I heard winter not a good time to start looking for IT jobs, but not sure. If some one add information it will certainly aid in decision making.,,,

fahad007

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
30-04-2015
AOR Received.
11-12-2014
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
30-04-2015
Med's Done....
15-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2015
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2015
Hi every one...

I have a quick question...

At the time of application, I got my education credentials evaluated by WES which is valid for 4 more years...

1. Is this mandatory to get credentials evaluated for having your degree recognized in Canada especially for spouse..

Is this a pre-requirement for applying to jobs?

2. Is this mandatory to carry funds with you at the time of landing? I mean for three persons required POF is CAD 18,000

amy delhi

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2014
Nomination.....
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
15-04-15
Med's Request
20-05-15
Med's Done....
27-05-15
Interview........
TLU ON: 05-06-15:DM: 5 AUG 2015
Passport Req..
10 August 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19 Aug 2015: recd. back stamped passports

perukulla said:

Hu. How u hv managed to get local phone no. In canada without being there. I think u hv taken help of a local canadian friend.