+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How difficult is to get a PR after express entry for international student.

chennaiExpress

Mar 27, 2015
Can anybody tell me how difficult is to find a PR for a international students after express entry. As they have to fight with more experienced fellows from other countries in the pool of database.I think there should be a changes in the rules for international students.
And can any one tell me is there any province which doesn't follow express entry rules.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chennaiExpress said:
Can anybody tell me how difficult is to find a PR for a international students after express entry. As they have to fight with more experienced fellows from other countries in the pool of database.I think there should be a changes in the rules for international students.
And can any one tell me is there any province which doesn't follow express entry rules.
change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-candidates-on-open-work-permits-and-working-in-canada-need-more-visibility-in-express-entry-system?utm_source=target&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=added_as_petition_targetonline

Yes its really frustrating when they dont give any priority for international students who already spent $40000 almost for everything.

Please click on the link and sign the petition. And forward this everyone.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
The problem for new grads is not only lack of work experiences, it's also wage requirement involved in LMIA. Very few new graduates (within 3 years of graduation), Canadian or otherwise, can get paid the median wage of a certain NOC 0AB, which is usually >$30/hr in this kind of economic situation. High skilled works wages can range from sub-$20 to >$80 per hr according to Job Bank because industries values actual work experiences. Most entry-level or junior get very low pay, but it increases quickly as one moves upward in the ladder.

I'd imagine most student will have to get round it by going to PNP route, but currently the only province giving out PNP points for EE is BC. Which means for other provinces, the old style snail mail PNP application is the only route.

The only province outside the whole EE system is Quebec. They have their own system (QSW) of selecting immigrants

chennaiExpress

Mar 27, 2015
Its totally waste of money if we study in canada. All the students who have mere of less experience have to fight with rest of the world candidate who have 10+ years of experience.Its totally unfair.Every one should file for a petition ....

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
chennaiExpress said:
Its totally waste of money if we study in canada. All the students who have mere of less experience have to fight with rest of the world candidate who have 10+ years of experience.Its totally unfair.Every one should file for a petition ....
How is it a waste of money? You paid money to get a better education here.

Paying money for an education doesn't earn you the right of PR. Of course Canada wants those highly experienced and specialized candidates from other countries.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
It really depends on your skills.

As a student, you're eligible for CEC, which exempts you from proof of funds, and puts you in the pool without the required experience. Beyond that, it's up to you.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
kateg said:

As a student, you're eligible for CEC, which exempts you from proof of funds, and puts you in the pool without the required experience. Beyond that, it's up to you.
Being a student doesn't make someone eligible for CEC, they still need a year's worth of relevant work experience within Canada. It just means that a student can get a PGWP allowing them to gain the Canadian work experience necessary.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
kateg said:

Just by graduating from a Canadian school is not enough to qualify for CEC. One also need 1 year of Canadian work in NOC 0AB, which weeds out a lot of them who can't find a job.

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I want to give my opinion on this.

If you will do thorough research on internet and talk to members of this forum, this is my suggestion you don't need a lawyer.

I am an international student and have completed with my studies this January. I know how can i get PR but right now i am struggling with my IELTS. I have attempted three times already and tomorrow is my fourth round, yesterday i got my result and i scored 7.5 in speaking and listening, 6.5 in writing but 6 in reading my bad luck. I can qualify for FSW if i score my CLB8 in each level but my bad. If i have seen some dreams which i will fulfill for sure and i dnt care about IELTS payment too.

Moral of my writing
i am also in same situation like thousands of students but i know my way and i extend my thanks to this forum.

If you have work experience in your home country, go for IELTS, score good,complete your ECA, create EE profile and search which province has faster pnp processing time.

chennaiExpress

Mar 27, 2015
How can express entry system expect international student to fight there resume with the rest of the candidate in the world.They should make some changes int the rule for the international students.

aarturr92

Apr 20, 2013
People, I do not understand why there are such opinions. Technically, nothing changed because the requirements for each program are the same as they were before EE. As long as they don't narrow the list of eligible occupations international students should be okay.

Competing with skilled people from other countries is not the best argument as it was always like that. In addition, the changes in immigration law made it much more difficult to those people to come to Canada. In particular, I am talking about requirements for LMIA... Given that the number of these documents decreased significantly (due to the requirements), it is almost impossible to most people from abroad to move to Canada permanently through PNP and CEC, therefore international students should be happy, because they will be the majority of people who will get ITA in these categories. The only advantage over international students have people with nomination or LMIA, but this is only small % of all people who will get ITA through EE.

The next thing I would like to point out is the work experience requirement. It is very logical, why they want you to have at least one year of work experience. If there wasn't such requirement, all the kids who "take life easy" would be eligible for PR and in long run it would turn into disaster, because they would take the low-paid jobs or even welfare, if they're unable to find a job in their field - and from my own experience with such people I am can tell, that most of the will not manage to find it.

I suggest to all international students, you better do everything you can to get a job in your field and get the required work experience instead of complaining how bad the rules are. If you are able to secure a job in your field, you will be fine, If you can't find a job here, why would you wanna stay in this country...

ashrafgk

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Personal Experience:
I graduated from University (got a bachelor degree and a diploma) in June 2013 (and got my PGWP).

Finding a job after graduating wasn't easy, but you have to be proactive about looking for one. COOP/Internships are a good way to get your feet at the door. Don't wait until you graduate to find a job, take advantage of your summer breaks to get some much needed experience even if without pay.

3-4 months after graduating, I got a job, but only worked for that company for 4 months. Got some much needed experience. I had to look for another job but this time it only took me a month to get a new one. March 2014 I got the new job and I am still with them till now.

Yesterday, thankfully, I got ITA.