+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How difficult is it / where to get an LMIA job (agriculture)?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
If you have a PGWP you can work in any job without an LMIA. Any job that is unless requires some sort of prereq licence/certification or a medical for health related jobs, so any one of the NOCs you list but still no LMIA if you have a PGWP..

Would imagine could be challenging to get an LMIA for a farm job plus be aware there are a lot of job offer scams for farm jobs where even fake websites are created to try and look genuine.

Other than checking out sites such as indeed, Linkedin or the job bank there are no specific LMIA tools that I am aware of but maybe others know better.

Some provinces have in demand categories, and programs such as AIPP or rural immigration or the temp worker program who all have specific employer participation .

The program included in your post would be a closed permit so you could work for a single employer. whereas a PGWP is an open work permit and work for any employer

Last edited:

optimaxx

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
NOC Code......
To do agriculture jobs, it seems that LMIA is needed.
(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/agricultural-workers-work-temporarily.html)

Jobs shall include NOC 8431 - general farm workers / NOC 8432 - nursery and greenhouse workers / NOC 8611 - harvesting labourers ...

Is there any tools to look for LMIA jobs? And do I still need an LMIA, if I have a PGWP?

Yes, that's correct. As long as you have Post Graduate Work Permit you can work
without a need for LMIA. PGWP allows you to get employed by any company

hk_eric

Dec 2, 2019
If you have a PGWP you can work in any job without an LMIA. Any job that is unless requires some sort of prereq licence/certification or a medical for health related jobs, so any one of the NOCs you list but still no LMIA if you have a PGWP..

Would imagine could be challenging to get an LMIA for a farm job plus be aware there are a lot of job offer scams for farm jobs where even fake websites are created to try and look genuine.

Other than checking out sites such as indeed, Linkedin or the job bank there are no specific LMIA tools that I am aware of but maybe others know better.

Some provinces have in demand categories, and programs such as AIPP or rural immigration or the temp worker program who all have specific employer participation .

The program included in your post would be a closed permit so you could work for a single employer. whereas a PGWP is an open work permit and work for any employer
Yes, that's correct. As long as you have Post Graduate Work Permit you can work without a need for LMIA. PGWP allows you to get employed by any company
Thanks all :)