03-12-2010
Passport Req..
29-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-09-2011
quakingaspen said:
We met playing World of Warcraft. He knew my sister, and she "introduced" us. Initially, we joked about me being his fake fiancee to "sneak" him into America to come meet her. We talked for a year, then met in person, then got engaged six months later. I moved in with him 4 months after that, married 14 months after that, applied for immigration 4 months after that, and now.... 4 months waiting for our application to be processed, and counting!

Strange how things have evolved.

We still play World of Warcraft together! ...but now we're in the same room. :)
I LOVE WOW lol me and my husband play World of Warcraft too. it is really nice to be able to have fun together even if we are far away from each other.
though we didn't met online lol i met my other half by a mutual friend of ours he introduced us to each other we like each other so we went out on a date the next day we've been going out all the time when he was in here but he needed to go back to Canada after two weeks :( we exchange emails and phone calls and chatted everyday. then he came back and proposed and got married.

we still play World of Warcraft together too!... and hoping to be in the same room together soon too like you guys do :)

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
Met my husband at a friend's birthday party. He was gorgeous and I was trying to catch his attention. He was a snob and just politely said Hi. So I asked my friend (the one who was celebrating her birthday) to invite him over at our place for a BBQ. She told me that I would really not want to him, hinting that he is gay. A week after, we met again at a friend's birthday party and we started chatting. Turns out we have a lot in common and he asked me out for coffee the next day and the rest was history!
So glad that I did not listen to that so called "Friend", turns out she likes him a lot too that's where the "gay" comment came from. Now we are happily married and expecting our baby at the end of summer!

valy79

Star Member
Aug 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
File Transfer...
10-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-04-2011
LANDED..........
14-07-2011
The usual - online ;D (on a dating website)

When I came to Canada on my work permit, I knew nobody (well, except for my boss...). I moved into a condo which was shared with 2 other girls, and one of them was crazy about internet dating. It would have never crossed my mind otherwise, but after some months she had finally talked me into putting up a profile.

How I found HIM is kind of funny and somewhat "politically incorrect" (I did some "racial profiling", haha) ;D I love other countries, cultures and so forth, and I had realized that there seemed to be a large number of Indian/Pakistani men in Canada. And I had never met an Indian person before. So I decided that it would be nice to meet somebody with that cultural background. Hence I sorted all the men on the dating website according to their ethnicity, "browsed" through all the Indian-looking ones and found one which looked extremely cute and really nicely dressed (when I came here I was a little shocked about how many people here go out in their sweatpants etc, and I was so happy to see somebody in a nice dress shirt...).
The rest was the usual - messaged him, met the first time at Tim Horton's and then went skating. That was about 2 1/2 years ago...

The other funny thing is that when people look at us most of them think that he is the immigrant and I am the Canadian :D, whereas in reality he is the Canadian citizen sponsoring me.

linalizzie

Star Member
Dec 26, 2010
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
30-08-2010
File Transfer...
30-08-2010
Med's Request
N/A - SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
22-02-2011 (original 18-02-2010)
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
16-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-04-2011
LANDED..........
15-06-2011
I met my husband at a party in July 2008. He flew down to Orange County, CA from Vancouver on a whim to spend some time with a friend of his from University that he wanted to reconnect with.

I didn't really spend too much time with him that night. It was the next day when I met up with our mutual friend for coffee that we sat down and had a conversation. Funny thing was that we both had dates that night (with other people) and cancelled them. He didn't know I had a date, and I didn't know he had a date.

A few months after we met, I remember telling him that we could withstand all the hoops we'd have to go through to be together. I jokingly told him I would wait 3 years if that's what it took. Random number. Except that I'm going to Land in June of 2011. Almost 3 years after I met him. If that's not irony, I don't know what is. ;)

KristinB15

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2011
AOR Received.
15-04-2011
I met my husband in Kenya in Dec. 2009. I went with a small Canadian NGO to do a water filtration project. He was a student at the University of Nairobi at the time and came to help with the project along with a few other students. We worked together from dawn to dusk everyday and it didn't take long for us to realize we wanted to pursue a relationship. We talked daily on the phone from the time I got back to Canada. We had planned to have him come here for a visit in Summer of 2010 but couldn't get a TRV :(

I went back there in Sept-Oct 2010 and got engaged. I went back with 8 family members and friends in tow in Dec. 2010. We had the most gorgeous beach wedding on Jan 5, 2011. Now we are just waiting, waiting, waiting. I am going back next week for another visit though! Yay!

Thanks for the stories! Gives me something to take my mind off waiting...

Kristin

Heckler

Mar 14, 2011
Bristol, Uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-10
Passport Req..
11-01-11
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-11
LANDED..........
02-04-11
I met my wife online too. We were both members of a random forum, I happened to post some photos of my dogs in a thread that she commented on. Then I posted some photos I'd taken around the city I work in (I'm a bit of an amatuer photographer) & she commented on those too. We pm'ed each other a few times during that day, The next day w talked on MSN for 4 hours & the day after for 10 hours! :eek:
We really just did hit it off instantly, within a week we were finishing each others sentences as we taked!
Within 3 months I'd I felw over to Calgary to visit. 6 months later I proposed online & in person another 3 months after that.
We got married the following year & now just over a year after that, I'm about to fly to Victoria to be with her permanantly. In fact I fly out in 24 hours exactly ;D
I worked out that I've spent somewhere in the region $20000 in the last 3 years in travel & other costs & it's been worth every penny!

Kaycee1

Jan 17, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2011
Nomination.....
Sponsor Approved 24-02-2011
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
Med's Request
In process 20-05-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-06-11
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-11
LANDED..........
14-08-11
I met my Portuguese husband online as well on a U2 forum, we're both huge U2 fans. We started talking in the chat box, then moved to msn and talked for hours every day. We met in 2008 in person in Portugal when I was there on a holiday, then he came to Canada in Feb 2009, has been here since then! We got married in September 2010. We've seen U2 19 times in the past couple of years all around the world.

I think CIC must be much busier in the past few years than they ever were before the internet!! I know there's ABSOLUTELY no possible way I would ever have met my husband except for the internet! It's so easy to meet people who have the same interests as you when you go on all these forums. :D

jayde

Feb 18, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-3-2011
File Transfer...
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
04-11-2011 WOO HOO!!!
I met my husband playing EverQuest2. He used to joke about how crazy I had to be to live in such a cold climate, and now we're working our butts of trying to get him here too!! We were friends for a long time and things just sort of evolved... and now we're going to be celebrating our 1st anniversary at the end of April, (20 MORE SLEEPS UNTIL HE ARRIVES), it's a shame it's only for two weeks though.

Anyway... no longer playing EQ, we play RIFT, use skype and a TON of phone time, but it works. It's nice to hear similar stories, sometimes it's too easy to feel cheated out of that first year, until you realize how many years we'll have to make up for this time apart.

What a great thread :)

kourts

Nov 11, 2010
I met my wife on a social site at the beginning of 2007, I was just looking for friends and I found her.We very quickly became best friends and stayed that way until august of 2010 when we finally met in person. Although we loved each other the whole time,she always said if it was meant to be it would happen and sure enough it did, we started dating only 6 days after she arrived. Meeting in person only confirmed how we felt about each other and there was no way we could not be together.Only a day after being here asked when she was going back she replied never.lol.We got engaged October 29th,2010 and married January 29th,2011. Keeping the 29th our day.She planned on moving here because she knew how much being around my family meant to me, but it's just not possible so instead I am moving to Canada. I wasn't completely clueless as to how me being able to be with her was going to work, as some people think "oh you're married now, when are you moving up there" Everyone seems to think that it's as simple as getting married and it's rather annoying.If it was that simple and I could be with her I surely still would not be here,the distance is rather painful. But i did find out this is a lot harder and takes a lot longer than i expected. Anything to be with the girl I love though. :) I am sorry this is so long. lol.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
We met in England in 2005, he hired me to be his receptionist LOL! - very cliche!
We went on our 1st date a month later, the rest is history!
We married in Nov last year :)

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
Lord haven't thought about this story for a while. I used to import Blank DVDs among other computer stuff from a company in Bangkok after dealing my sales rep there for a number of months she suggested I should come to Bangkok. Could see the supplier I deal with and meet her and see Thailand. What the heck I thought...off I went in mid 2005.

My sales rep met me at the airport very nice girl, we had dinner and I went to my hotel. A few days later she invited me to come out to dinner with her and a few of her friends, I said sure sounds great.

As I arrived at the restaurant I saw what I thought was the most stunning looking woman on the planet out front and thought hmmm I love this country hahaha.. turns out she was a friend of my friend and was one of the people joining us for dinner. After the first 15 minutes and being polite to everyone we pretty much talked between us for the rest of the night. I got her number and saw her every night the rest of the trip I was there, went home and spoke to her every day, after about three months of that I got back on a plane to go see her. We did that for a couple of years, spending half the year in Canada and the other half in BKK.

Finally convinced her to marry me in 2006, married in 2007 and our son born in 2009. To this day the girl at the company I worked with teases us about how we owe everything to her and yeah ok she's got a point... not sure at all how to repay her, nothing would seem to really cover the debt owed ;D

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
I love the stories! I am an odd ball and we met conventionally (kind of). We were both working at a resort in the Caribbean, I arrived in early Oct 2008 and my man just a few weeks later....first we were good friends but quickly started dating. We spent 8 months living in Turks and Caicos together, then went traveling for 2 months and I have been in Canada ever since, first as a visitor now a student and soon to be PR (fingers crossed)!

S

serenifly

I work for a race team - and he was a volunteer at the event - out of province (four years ago) ... clicked right away - I'm lucky I have a photo of the exact moment we met! :)

He was traveling the world - He called when he was in town, and we'd stay in contact when he'd go home (just as friends) - two years ago, he decided not to leave :) We were married in September of last year ... It was slow moving - but felt right - all of it felt very right ...

awor

Nov 4, 2010
Oregon to Alberta
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> LA
App. Filed.......
26 Aug 2011
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2011
File Transfer...
[b]CPC-M to Buffalo:[/b] 03 Nov 2011 [b]Buffalo to LA:[/b] 19 Jan 2012
Med's Done....
11 Apr 2011 [b]Ecas shows received [/b]5 Mar 2012
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2012 [b]Decision Made[/b]: 1 Apr 2012
VISA ISSUED...
29 Mar 2012 [b] CORP Received[/b]: 19 Apr 2012
LANDED..........
Sumas: 25 April 2012 / [b]PR Cards Received[/b]: 4 July 2012
Does anyone remember EverQuest? I see there's some WoW players, so maybe?

My fiancee and I met in Feb 2001 in EQ - Butchblock zone at the Chessboard to be exact. He saved me from the skellies :D We quickly became friends but I was married at the time. We stayed online friends for years, moving through multiple games. He got married and divorced, and I divorced my POS husband and the rest is history :)

aerogurl87

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-02-13
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
WAIVED!!!! :)
Passport Req..
12-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
I met my boyfriend on an online dating site. He emailed me first and the only reason I emailed him back was because his profile said he was "willing to relocate" and I thought that meant he was moving to the US soon since he was still in Canada and I was in the US. Well I didn't ask him about that and just made the assumption he was moving to the States. Then we started talking online and on the phone and by the time I figured out he wasn't moving to the US, we'd met in person and I was already in love with him. Now I'm living with him in Canada on a work visa and we're moving into our first apartment at the end of the month together to live as common law. :)