+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how could my mother come to canada and stay for 1 or 2 month?

slam324

Jul 2, 2010
I feel really helpless now.

I helped my mother applied for visitor visa but refused. This is the second time.The first time is because my income is too low. Well, so sad that my mother visit me only possible when I am rich guy...What about poor guy? poor guy doesn't have right to be visited?

This time, I did a lot home work on this.

First, I prepared 3700 CAD for my mother stay in Canada. We live in my father-in-law's house, which is free. My father in law also agreed let my mother stay for free. I am doing a small business now with my partner as an import trade, and my wife is working in my other company a studio graphic designer. I give both notice of assessment for my wife and me, also my father-in-Law's. Three of us with about 66,000 income per year. We have a 2 years old daughter, this is most reason my mother want come over, she didn't see her almost one and half year now. And that's why I have my father-in-law's incoming document included, make sure we have enough income so the visa officer will not think I am so poor so my mother doesn't have the right to visit me.( what a joke? even my mother is a billionaire but her son is a poor guy she still won't be able visit me?)

My mother owns a suit in Citycenter of my hometown in China, worth quite a lot of money(180m2). She is retired with 3000RMB(not much convert to CAD but really good in China) per month. She got a bank statement about 67,000 CAD available for her stay in Canada. Those original document all included with a certificated translation from legal notary.

This time, I also have the MP wrote a letter of support to me. I did almost everything I can do to show the visa officer my mother will go back China and we are all well prepared.

From my view, I don't see any sign shows that my mother will not leave Canada before the visa expiration. It doesn't make any sense that my mother give up her good retirement benefit, give up her huspand( my father), give up nice downtown Suite, give up her 5 brothers & sister, give all friends in China but choose to stay in Canada?? She don't even want to immigrant to Canada! (She always said my life in Canada is too much worse in China blabla...She used be a CEO of a local transportation company)

I heard so many people use got visitor visa as tourist so easily and then applied for refugee. So how come a lady who has a good background and also has a Son and his families in Canada can support her is such difficult to get a visa for just a short period stay?

What should I do? Swear to God seems not work on the visa officer in China. They don't trust in God any more. So what should I do to let them believe me? I would very happy to give up my PR if my mother don't go back China. If there is such thing like this, please, take away my PR, and ask me leave Canada if my mother didn't leave before the visa expiration, write it in black and white. Because I am talking about my own blood mother! You can lie to others but not yourself.

So disappointed about those visa officer in China!

slam324

Jul 2, 2010
I have a elder male cousin works in Japan. He said it is really easy to get a visit visa for my mother. My mom stay in Japan about 2 weeks on May. He is not Citizen of Japan, but only with a working permit. What a big different!
Look back to Canada, I can't even talk to our immigration office, because they don't talk about anything applied outside of Canada. And their oversea visa office tells you nothing only if you got power such as a lawyer, but cost much more money that not a normal family can afford.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Which visa office in China did your mom applied? Another poster said his Chinese wife had been issued a TRV from the consulate in Guangzhou. Maybe your mom just got bad luck with a tough visa officer that rejects her application twice.

Besides, I don't think that if your mom immigrate to Canada, she will lose her retirement benefit and give up her brothers and sister.

slam324

Jul 2, 2010
she applied in Shanghai.

The problem is, right now I don't have enough income to support my mother do Family class immigrate. So that is impossible! If she choose stay in canada illegally, she will not be able working, live like as a normal person. She has really great life in China which is not worth to give up.

So sad now. I can't get sleep after this news from my mother. What kind of life we have in Canada, working so hard but can't have my mother stay with me for a month. If not because I have family here, I would like buy a ticket and take everything go back China. This is not my home, the goverment doesn't want us be here as a part of family. At least I don't feel that way.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The visa office in Shanghai only accepts applications submitted in person, right? So, I am wondering the result would be different if your mom mail the application to either Hong Kong or Beijing.

I heard that if one lives Canada illegally, when caught, would be given notice to deport immediately and banned from entering Canada for 2 years.

slam324

Jul 2, 2010
steaky said:
The visa office in Shanghai only accepts applications submitted in person, right? So, I am wondering the result would be different if your mom mail the application to either Hong Kong or Beijing.

I heard that if one lives Canada illegally, when caught, would be given notice to deport immediately and banned from entering Canada for 2 years.
in Shanghai, you won't see visa officer. You give documents to the people work ove there and that's it. This time, my mom hand over the application through the Visa Application Centre.

yes, you are right. it is kind of horrible if some one live in Canada illegally. I saw some of those guy around, they don't have good life in China, stay here is still greater than in China.

But, if you have a nice life in China, have good pay, nice home, nice huspand, friends, social status, you will never ever think about this way. BTW, it is nothing to doubt my mom will stay in Canada after the visa expiration. We will either applie for extention or go back China. The air ticket is booked from July to End of Auguest.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have been hearing that a booked ticket does not guarantee TRV issuance.

Moreover, if you check this website:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/china-chine/visas/index.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=9&menu=L

In the bottom, it reads: "In addition, the Shanghai office ONLY accepts applications submitted IN PERSON; if you wish to apply by mail please submit your application to Beijing or Hong Kong."

Regardless this webpage is up to date or not, I was wondering whether the result would be different if the application submitted to Hong Kong.

slam324

Jul 2, 2010
steaky said:
I have been hearing that a booked ticket does not guarantee TRV issuance.

Moreover, if you check this website:

In the bottom, it reads: "In addition, the Shanghai office ONLY accepts applications submitted IN PERSON; if you wish to apply by mail please submit your application to Beijing or Hong Kong."

Regardless this webpage is up to date or not, I was wondering whether the result would be different if the application submitted to Hong Kong.

I am not sure if the result would be different if submitted to Hongkong. The thing is my home town is about 2 hour driving from Shanghai, why should my mother submit application to Hongkong? And we don't even know if the visa officer will issue it or not.

It is a nice and sunshine day, but I feel so cold.

slam324

Jul 2, 2010
I am going to have my mother do a application next week.

This time I have some new documents:

1) an invitation letter from my father-in-law ( in the letter we said my mother will pay all the travel expense by herself )
2) both bank letter shows balance from my father-in-law's bank and my bank. (about 10,000 from my father in law, and 6,000 from me.)
3) a certificated declaration with local public notary from me, my father-in-law, my wife, about status of us and we will make sure my mother will leave Canada before the visa expiration.
4) a certificated declaration with local public notary from my mother about status of her and also that she will not apply for anything such as immigration, refugee, etc. ( what a joke! )
5) a certification about the market value of my mother's suite in my hometown. (make sure they understand its value)
6) medical benefit for my mother in homecountry. (let the visa offcer knows my mother don't need come to Canada to have medical benefit)
7) a new support letter from local MP office. (with new funds available)
8) an explanation letter to visa officer about my mother's visit. (might be even worse include this letter, but I have no choice.)
9) about 10 printed photographs about our house in Canada, rooms, peoples. (make sure visa officer see how we live)

and also pray every night to ask visa officer have a good sleep and in good emotion. (God!)

It's gonna be the third time my mother apply for it.

let's see how they decide my mother's application. If still not make it, I think I should find a bridge and jump in to the river kill myself to let the goverment of Canada knows the feeling for people like us.

Poor Canada!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also wondered if this is also another strong reason for supporting your cause: Say you mention this in your letter of invitation that you understand your mom had been providing a caregiver function to her parents (your grandfather/grandmother) in China. Since your child missed its grandmother (your mom) so badly, you invite your mom to visit for a max of 2 months and have arranged with your aunt for providing temporary caregiving duties to your grandparents during your mom visit to Canada. After your mom visit, your mom can resume her duties to her parents and your aunt can be relieve to daily chores of her home.

Any suggestions? Your success certainly give me guidance in the future.

I do have one question about your new documents:

Would your mom photocopy her union-pay logo atm card or travelling cheque with her bank statement/pass book to support that she has enough money to pay for her travelling expenses by herself?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have been listening to a Vancouver-based radio station. Recently, I heard that Canada has plans to boost local tourism from Chinese mainlanders, but cannot find any details when I googled. Did you hear anything or read anything in the local newspaper?

slam324

Jul 2, 2010
steaky said:
I also wondered if this is also another strong reason for supporting your cause: Say you mention this in your letter of invitation that you understand your mom had been providing a caregiver function to her parents (your grandfather/grandmother) in China. Since your child missed its grandmother (your mom) so badly, you invite your mom to visit for a max of 2 months and have arranged with your aunt for providing temporary caregiving duties to your grandparents during your mom visit to Canada. After your mom visit, your mom can resume her duties to her parents and your aunt can be relieve to daily chores of her home.

Any suggestions? Your success certainly give me guidance in the future.

I do have one question about your new documents:

Would your mom photocopy her union-pay logo atm card or travelling cheque with her bank statement/pass book to support that she has enough money to pay for her travelling expenses by herself?
My mother-in-law is taking care of my daughter. My grand parents were all passed away. My grandma just passed away about 4 month ago. Don't have any one need taking care by my parents in China. My father is working at Goverment of my Home City, still need another 3 year to be retired. My mother have 5 brothers & 1 sister, my mother is youngst in the Family, most of them are retired.

My mother has a bank letter shows about 67,000 thousand CAD available for this trip. Money was transfered from her stock account. She lose some money by sold those stocks.

I changed some documents for her third application. I take out that letter to visa officer. Changed invitation letter says my mother will be self-financed on her expense for this trip, we will provide room and food. Add in my mother's medical care benifit in China, also other insurance my mother bought for her before in China. Again, I asked my mother have the transfer record about she sold those stock and get money.

I heard from another friend in Vancouver, they just have their parents both come over as visit family with only 40,000 income last year and 2 childrens, that means enough funds for support total 6 people. Don't know why visa officer is so tough on my mother's application.

God bless visa officer has nice mood on the day he or she working on my mother's application.

slam324

Jul 2, 2010
steaky said:
I have been listening to a Vancouver-based radio station. Recently, I heard that Canada has plans to boost local tourism from Chinese mainlanders, but cannot find any details when I googled. Did you hear anything or read anything in the local newspaper?
Don't know how this thing will move in the future. As government now only care about money, they want more tourist come to Canada.

BrotherEko

Jul 18, 2010
Hang in there Slam324. I don't see how they could refuse your mother's application now. You have taken extra steps and provided more information than what they asked for. Like you, I wished they have an appeal process for visitation visas instead of to just keep applying. It's a very challenging process.

You can't speak to the person that is turning down the application or have them provide you with exactly what they need to see before they approve the application. You're in the dark and just trying to provide more information every time.

I know its hard, but stay positive.