+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How can we be nurses in Quebec, Canada?

donafelchua

Aug 16, 2013
I'm a registered nurse here in The Philippines whereby I am applying as a Quebec Skilled Worker (QSW) and studying french. Hopefully, my application will grant me a visa and permanent residency in Quebec.
Can anybody help me how to go about processing to become or work as a nurse in Quebec? I find it hard searching the resources here. Please help me. Merci!!

hubby chubby

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
MonTreaL CiTy
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-O/ISB/LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2012
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013/Nov 2013
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2013
Med's Request
Aug 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
ppr-1 & 2 june 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
There are many nurses here in Quebec from phillipines. Unfortunatly our latest government here in Quebec have reduced the funding to hospitals in their budget. Thus, making it very difficult to find jobs in Quebec as a nurse. Secondly, when you come to Quebec, you will not get a job as RN right away. You will have to do a 3yr course for nursing again, for them to see you qualified. Then they will give you a Quebec nursing license. You can get more info on their "OIIQ" website. (I'm a nurse myself in Quebec)

kelly_mbarker

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
17-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent w/ application
Anyone has a list of requirements for registration for nurses in quebec and the application form? Tnx

genona

Apr 29, 2011
Uae
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - sub to montreal FEDERAL - sub to VO ABUDhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Aug -16-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/09/2012 App received by CIC 11/03/2013 IN PROCESS
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
march 2013
Interview........
JULY 13, 2012( csq received)
Passport Req..
nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
dec 2013
LANDED..........
soonnnn
hubby chubby said:
There are many nurses here in Quebec from phillipines. Unfortunatly our latest government here in Quebec have reduced the funding to hospitals in their budget. Thus, making it very difficult to find jobs in Quebec as a nurse. Secondly, when you come to Quebec, you will not get a job as RN right away. You will have to do a 3yr course for nursing again, for them to see you qualified. Then they will give you a Quebec nursing license. You can get more info on their "OIIQ" website. (I'm a nurse myself in Quebec)
hello.. just wanted to clarify about your post.. most of the nurses i know who are already in quebec said that in order to become a nurse, u have to apply for registration which takes 3-4 mos. then they will determine if u will have to undergo 40days hospital intergration or 5mos cegp course. then ull take the exam, after u passed they will give u temporary license. and u have to take french exam with in 4 yrs in order to have a full license. contrary to 3yrs course of nursing.. please correct me if im wrong. thanks

ani385

Dec 4, 2013
Is there any resource to know more about it? I am a registered nurse from India and want to come Quebec under QSW.

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
Though not an expert on Quebec specifically might I suggest that you explore the Live in Caregiver programs. Have a look at the CIC website. This might get you a work permit, and status sooner. And with your skills this might be right up your alley.

Good luck

kikzzy

Feb 9, 2013
Hello guys just wondering what are the usual jobs of nurses who landed in QUebec since as I heard that getting a permanent nursing license is very tough? thanks! :D